Page 201 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1011511911992002012022032112513017011201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Yeah, why would pucknut do that anyway? Seems like a really bad decision. Explain yourself pucknut!!!
    I have multiple times. Done. By the way his brother is getting married tomorrow in Bismarck. Beers will be had.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    I have multiple times. Done. By the way his brother is getting married tomorrow in Bismarck. Beers will be had.

awwwww you ruined all my fun. Well not all of it.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    He is still looking to throw until he actually crosses the line of scrimmage then he tucks it away as he is running. I can't find the exact numbers of when CW specifically fumbled the ball last year, but I do remember a few behind the line of scrimmage when the ball was knocked out because he was holding it like a loaf of bread. A couple of them as he was running towards the LOS, so he could of just as well tucked it away earlier. As a team, the Bison had 17 fumbles and lost 6 of them.

About some of the other posts, I did think the report about him checking down to his outlets quickly was pretty spot on. I would rather a QB take the sure outlet than a sack, so it isn't the worst thing in the world. He has a pretty good grasp of where the defense is going to be on his pre-snap reads and scouting, so I am guessing if it isn't going like he thought it would, he goes to where he knows someone is open. I expect this season you will see him fine tune that part of his game more. The last thing is at this level you can get away seeing the receiver is open before you throw it. It is the same for all college QBs. Every rookie pro has to learn how to anticipate where a guy will be open, so I don't really put a lot of stock into that criticism of any college QB's game. By the end of the year, he was anticipating RJ being open at a spot on the field, so his timing with the same receivers is getting sharp. He is also learning how to throw a guy open. His game isn't perfect and the criticism some scouts are throwing out there are pretty generic for a college QB. There is nothing there more experience on the practice and game field won't take care of.

His instincts are unbelievable. I still think one of his best plays was in the SDSU playoff game where he was flushed out of the pocket to his right. It was a few plays before the last TD. CW threw the ball off his back foot and purposely threw it short to a receiver who had to come back for it. Even though it was incomplete, he avoided the sack and the ball was put where the only guy who could touch it was ours. It would have been a great catch but it was as effective as a throw away as you could possibly have with a chance for still making a play. You can't teach that kind of thinking on the fly.
    Not saying he did or didn't do it on purpose, but how the hell would anyone other than him know if he did or didn't do it in purpose?

Carson does not have the receivers to break any ncaa records, sorry if anyone gets offended.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KINGRANCH View Post
    Carson does not have the receivers to break any ncaa records, sorry if anyone gets offended.
    Excusez-moi, but he has the receivers to build on the record-breaking FCS title string.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Not saying he did or didn't do it on purpose, but how the hell would anyone other than him know if he did or didn't do it in purpose?
    There isn't a history of him looking like he was throwing the ball up for grabs last year, so I am going with the appearance his throws looked purposeful.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGRANCH View Post
    I'm glad we don't worry about those kind of records. Vernon Adams and Jimmy Garoppolo had the skills and the receivers working their spread offenses to have a lot of yards. But Carson has the rings. (No, Jimmy G's Super Bowl ring doesn't count)
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Sams Rams tweeted this story last night. Interesting read. Sorry if repost, had not seen here.

http://www.footballsavages.com/chart...ack-prospects/

"Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right." -Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    There isn't a history of him looking like he was throwing the ball up for grabs last year, so I am going with the appearance his throws looked purposeful.
    Throwing off your back foot can often lead to a poor throw can't it?

I guess I just have less faith in college quarterbacks than you do I guess. Completely possible he tried to do it too. Would be interesting to ask him about it. Some people have crazy good memories.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Throwing off your back foot can often lead to a poor throw can't it?

I guess I just have less faith in college quarterbacks than you do I guess. Completely possible he tried to do it too. Would be interesting to ask him about it. Some people have crazy good memories.
    I don't think you understand. Ginger Jesus. This is Bison football. Class begins in a little over a month.

Lardsin must go!