Page 2 of 2604 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    He's a very athletic, very smart guy. If these mesh, look out.
    Best thing for him is we will attempt to be balanced. Run the ball and throw off play action.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

All I know is when I watch the games when he came in the 4th, the few throws he was allowed to make seem to come off his hand like a rocket. I'm excited to see what he can do playing a full game with the first string Bison offense.

The thing is he doesn't need to be the Brock Jensen of 2013. He needs to be LIKE the Brock of 2011 for us to be a good team. Were all about defense and the running game. He doesn't need to win games by himself if we can run the ball, play good defense, and special teams

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    To say he could have started for most of FBS just sounds stupid.
    Not as stupid as you think.

My wife's cousin will probably be the starter at Wisconsin. NDSU didn't give him a whiff as they already had Carson locked up.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Brock had a rare intangible. From my distant point of view, I always thought he had that rare ability to inspire people to give just a little bit more than they would under anyone else and he did that by personal example. There were guys that were better passers, there were guys that ran better. There were guys that did this and that better. But, nobody won better. I know its a cliché but there was no quit in him. I always admired that when I watched him play. Glad he's gone.
    Go Jackrabbits!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Every great QB has his own signature moves,

Great example is ....Brock, even when we were down by 2 TDs against Kansas State Brock showed great leadership and found a way to get it done,

The spotlight is on#11 he should find a way to get it done
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

I might have an overly optimistic view but I sincerely believe Carson will make it not even look hard, you know? Might just be one of those kids who always has it.

Wentz will be fine as long as we are a run first offense. By all accounts he should be able to win a game with his arm, but in this system he shouldn't have to. We will probably know by the Montana game....run the ball, make good decisions, convert 3rd downs.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Brock had a rare intangible. From my distant point of view, I always thought he had that rare ability to inspire people to give just a little bit more than they would under anyone else and he did that by personal example. There were guys that were better passers, there were guys that ran better. There were guys that did this and that better. But, nobody won better. I know its a cliché but there was no quit in him. I always admired that when I watched him play. Glad he's gone.
    Like Wentz said. I want to make my own name. Brock did what he did and it was amazing. He wants to be know as Carson Wentz not Brock Nelsons backup. Kid is going to be just fine.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Like Wentz said. I want to make my own name. Brock did what he did and it was amazing. He wants to be know as Carson Wentz not Brock Nelsons backup. Kid is going to be just fine.
    Looks like Carson already made you forget brocks last name he must be good 4peat.

Lardsin must go!