Page 1999 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 9991499189919491989199719981999200020012009204920992499 ... LastLast
Results 19,981 to 19,990 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Why are we still talking Eagles in the Carson thread sans Carson? They are unlikely to even make the NFC title game.
    So if your not a Vikings fan but you are a NDSU fan you can't continue to root for the Eagles even if he's hurt. OK, but I refuse to get off your lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Why are we still talking Eagles in the Carson thread sans Carson? They are unlikely to even make the NFC title game.
    Really? This nearly 2000 page thread is about all things Carson Wentz. Wentz has singlehandedly turned thousands of disillusioned Vikings fans into Eagles fans. For me, the Eagles are much more fascinating than the Vikings and they actually have a chance to do something great this year and in the future as they are led by a fantastic QB and person who just happens to be a Bison. For many North Dakotans, Carson Wentz represents much, much more than the ability to make plays on a football field. So, please don’t try to squash our pride in what Carson Wentz is accomplishing. Let us revel in it while it lasts.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Really? This nearly 2000 page thread is about all things Carson Wentz. Wentz has singlehandedly turned thousands of disillusioned Vikings fans into Eagles fans. For me, the Eagles are much more fascinating than the Vikings and they actually have a chance to do something great this year and in the future as they are led by a fantastic QB and person who just happens to be a Bison. For many North Dakotans, Carson Wentz represents much, much more than the ability to make plays on a football field. So, please don’t try to squash our pride in what Carson Wentz is accomplishing. Let us revel in it while it lasts.
    Personally if Carson isn't playing I couldn't give a rip about the eagles. If he was traded to the Cowboys id watch them and forget about the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Personally if Carson isn't playing I couldn't give a rip about the eagles. If he was traded to the Cowboys id watch them and forget about the Eagles.
    Wow, just wow. You're a fn idiot.

If he was playing for the Cowboys I would be furious and still hate the Cowboys, but for the most part you are right. I would have even become a Browns fan if he would have ended up there.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Wow, just wow. You're a fn idiot.
    Would have been same deal, but more extreme if Crockett was still playing for the Packers. Vomit in my mouth but Go Johnny

Yep, I cheered for them when he was playing. My desire to care about the Eagles begins and ends with Wentz being their starting QB.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

If Carson was with the Cowboys or Viking there is no way I could root for those teams. But I would root for Carson. For some reason I can root for both the Eagles and Carson. But with Carson not playing I wont make a point of watching the Eagles.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I've never had much interest in the NFL, in spite of growing up in a houseful of Vikings fans (maybe that's why?)

But as more Bison players land on NFL teams, I've taken an interest - in the former Bison players. Thanks to Carson's success, I've watched more NFL games in the last two years than in the previous 15 years combined, and I am far more interested. My favorite Christmas present is the Wentz jersey my sons gave me.

I am a lot less interested in the Eagles (or the playoffs and Superbowl) now that Carson is out for the season. If that makes me a jerk, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    I am a lot less interested in the Eagles (or the playoffs and Superbowl) now that Carson is out for the season. If that makes me a jerk, so be it.
    Bingo, this is reality. Thus why I asked why all the Eagles talk with no Carson. And trust me, real Vikings fans never changed colors just because of Carson success and "thousands" never jumped ship. All of us want him to do well and prosper, but the Vikes are, and always have been our team. Plus, we will have another star player in the NFL in the future, so silly to get hitched to one team due to one player. (Yes, I watched nearly every Eagles game when Carson was playing, and cheered for them, but I could care less now, and the Vikings have a home date in February to keep.)