Page 1959 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 9591459185919091949195719581959196019611969200920592459 ... LastLast
Results 19,581 to 19,590 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You gonna give the Seahawks defense some credit. They are excellent at home.
    The Eagles D was awesome except they peed down their leg when it was a 1 score game.(well that lateral was BS) The Eagles held the time of possession advantage at the time they allowed a score so they were no more tired than Seattles.
    I think the Eagles D got tired just chasing Russell Wilson all over the field.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It's no different than a kick into the end zone. With your logic the ball would come back to the spot of the kick because the receiving team never gained possession. Read my other comments about force/impetus on a ball into the end zone.

Any time the ball becomes dead in the end zone it will either be a touchdown, touchback or safety. There is a momentum exception to the safety rule. If the pass, kick, or fumble is caught or recovered inside the 5 and that player's original momentum carries them into their end zone (the one they defend) and the ball becomes dead there in his team's possession, they get to keep the ball at the spot of the catch/recovery rather than a safety.

So knowing those rules, a fumble into your opponent's end zone will either be a touchback or touchdown since A is responsible for it being there. If it is recovered or goes out of bounds it's a touchback. If it stays in the end zone and nobody recovers it, it's actually a touchdown for the offense. Never seen that happen. The most likely time would be that idiot running in for a long TD who drops the ball at 1 and it rolls into the end zone. Everyone thinks it's a touchdown so they ignore the ball. Eventually the officials would rule it dead and the fumbling team gets a TD. That is somewhat illogical but the ball did remain in the end zone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I know the rules. I don’t agree with them in the case of a ball fumbled through the end zone. That is the is only place on the field and the only situation where the fumbling team loses possession without the other team recovering the ball inbounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Put the homerism aside boys, Carson lost this game tonight. Two big misses with those huge crossing patterns by Agholar, the one he overthrew in the first half and the 2nd one going the other direction he actually completed but missed hitting Agholar on the run because again like the first one there was nobody behind him, and then the goal line fumble...that's 3 TDs.
    This^^^^ not his best game at all. Skip should be very happy after last night.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    I know the rules. I don’t agree with them in the case of a ball fumbled through the end zone. That is the is only place on the field and the only situation where the fumbling team loses possession without the other team recovering the ball inbounds.
    The end zone is different in many ways in the rules and this is a logical one. You have a right to think differently but I have never heard anyone who thinks this is illogical or unfair. Do you think a kick going into end zone should not be a touchback also?

One concept that's used in rule philosophy is a flawed play. In this case the offense has committed a flawed play by losing possession. The defense has done nothing flawed. A dead ball in the end zone is a touchdown, touchback, or safety so the flawed team should not benefit from their fumble. Your rule change suggestion would allow them to do that.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The end zone is different in many ways in the rules and this is a logical one. You have a right to think differently but I have never heard anyone who thinks this is illogical or unfair. Do you think a kick going into end zone should not be a touchback also?
    you're not on Twitter? anytime this happens in a game it always gets brought up.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    you're not on Twitter? anytime this happens in a game it always gets brought up.
    I have a profile but I don't use it often. There is no logic to allowing the fumbling team to keep the ball if they fumble into and out of the end zone. The goal line/end zone changes everything in most rules. I didn't realize people don't realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wentz overthrowing a pass is excusable considering all the redonkulous ones he made. Fumbling on the goal line however, can't do that. Also Peterson needs to challenge that illegal forward pass.
    I can see why he didn't. At full speed it looks like a backwards pass and they had just gotten screwed on their previous challenge on the forward progress. It's Seattle, any team going in there has to play against 13. 11 on the field, the fans and the refs. No team gets more home calls than Seattle. Nobody.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I can see why he didn't. At full speed it looks like a backwards pass and they had just gotten screwed on their previous challenge on the forward progress. It's Seattle, any team going in there has to play against 13. 11 on the field, the fans and the refs. No team gets more home calls than Seattle. Nobody.
    That's a joke right?

Your packers wrote the book on how to get home calls

Glad we got that over with. Now beat the Rams please.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    That's a joke right?

Your packers wrote the book on how to get home calls

So much this^^^^^^^^^^