Page 1927 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 9271427182718771917192519261927192819291937197720272427 ... LastLast
Results 19,261 to 19,270 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    I live in Grand Forks and work at UND. I talk to a lot of people who are cheering for Carson. I suspect that they may downplay the NDSU connection, and simply embrace the fact that he is a North Dakota kid making good (really, really, really good).
    It seems like its a 50/50 some really love the kid and hope he does well downplaying the bison connection. Some just want him to fail and hate the free publicity that NDSU gets. I think it's just getting to me because in-laws think I am bailing on the seahawks because they are having a tough year, but I lived through the charlie whitehurst days, and the early years of Matt Hasselbeck.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What's the over-under for Carson doing the kicking for the Eagles, too, by the time the Vikes and Eagles meet in the playoffs?

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think Carson plays on Special Teams, which probably diminishes his overall contract value when it comes up for renewal, and hence probably limits his opportunity to be an emergency punter, kicker, holder or long snapper in a game vs the Vikes. I'd put the over-under for Carson doing the kicking for the Eagles against the Vikes as < .001%. But hey, who knows ... CowHerd, Bayless, Mike&Mike, Emry....?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Seriously, much truth here. I feel about 100% the same way, but know the purple will bleed through if forced to make a choice. At least it will make the eventual Vikings demise less painful......
    reality is the Vikings have a lot of work to do before they worry about the Eagles. They play the panthers on the road, if they lose, they are tied with them and behind on the tie breaker, they would also fall behind the saints, so the Vikings could go from looking at a bye today, to having to play the first round at home against either the rams or seahawks then go to Philly for the divisional finals, and then again on the road to the conference finals.

Although playing great right now, that Carolina game is huge.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    reality is the Vikings have a lot of work to do before they worry about the Eagles. They play the panthers on the road, if they lose, they are tied with them and behind on the tie breaker, they would also fall behind the saints, so the Vikings could go from looking at a bye today, to having to play the first round at home against either the rams or seahawks then go to Philly for the divisional finals, and then again on the road to the conference finals.

Although playing great right now, that Carolina game is huge.
    How do they fall behind the Saints if they lose to Carolina? They have the tiebreaker since they beat them early in the season. I don’t watch a lot of NFL so please explain. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    How do they fall behind the Saints if they lose to Carolina? They have the tiebreaker since they beat them early in the season. I don’t watch a lot of NFL so please explain. Thanks!
    Assuming the Saints keep winning - overall record. Saints have won 8 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    The Saints are also 8-2 right now and tied with the Vikings and lose the tie-breaker. If the Vikings lose to the Panthers, they would be tied with the Panthers and behind the Saints given the Saints win because the Saints would pull a game ahead.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The Saints are also 8-2 right now and tied with the Vikings and lose the tie-breaker. If the Vikings lose to the Panthers, they would be tied with the Panthers and behind the Saints given the Saints win because the Saints would pull a game ahead.
    That is why the saints comeback Sunday really impacted the Vikings. The saints lose they are in essence two behind the Vikings with 1 game lead and tie breaker in hand

Vikings may need to have saints and panthers each lose one to secure second overall. And the rams with a Vikings loss are right back in the picture with an easy schedule

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Isn't the first tie-breaker conference record?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Isn't the first tie-breaker conference record?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    head-to-head then conference record then common opponents then strength of victory
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie