Page 1914 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 9141414181418641904191219131914191519161924196420142414 ... LastLast
Results 19,131 to 19,140 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

If Carson gets the huge payday won't that make it really difficult to field a competitive team? Can a player defer payment and stretch it out?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    If Carson gets the huge payday won't that make it really difficult to field a competitive team? Can a player defer payment and stretch it out?

Broncos did that in the early days of the salary cap with Elway and Terrell Davis to help free up funds for the new stadium. When the NFL found out they didn't have those deferments paid off years later when both players were retired, they dinged the Broncos twice with lost of draft picks. So, I'm going to guess "no" is the answer.

I believe there are other ways around the salary cap like cash up front or how the Patriots have restructured Brady's contract where it looks like he's making less, but in the end is making more. I don't know the exact details how these scenarios work, but there is a lot of finagling going on with GMs and money to make contracts work.
    Hail the BISON!!!

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Awesome writeup on the Eagles and Carson. Really shows how important and impressive a player he is to the Eagles.
    “He’s a beast,” Eagles linebacker Nigel Bradham said. “He’s a sharpshooter. And he plays that way at quarterback. I’m not going to coach him up because he’s playing amazing. Just let him do his thing. As long as he’s the quarterback, I want to be a linebacker here.”
    http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC...ORTS/171119759
    Last edited by BisonBacker; 11-16-2017 at 01:52 PM.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Crazy how comparable their numbers are. Dak with less picks. Carson with more yards. Both very good players.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Crazy how comparable their numbers are. Dak with less picks. Carson with more yards. Both very good players.
    Things are going to get interesting now for Dak. This is a good test When Elliot is out. They will need to rely on Dak to win games instead of relying on him to manage games and not lose them. That is the big difference when comparing Dak and Carson. I do not know if Dak could survive the situation that Carson was put in and then excel in that situation. I do know that Carson could survive and thrive in Dak's situation (great line, excellent backs and receivers). There is just such a team dynamic to this game and that is part of what makes it great to watch and discuss.

I hope Dak throws 3 picks just to hear old Skippy rant

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I hope Dak throws 3 picks just to hear old Skippy rant

Now that is funny! I totally agree. You know Skippy has this one circled! Dak has been great. Fun rivalry for years to come.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Now that is funny! I totally agree. You know Skippy has this one circled! Dak has been great. Fun rivalry for years to come.
    He's already been making excuses all week. I don't watch his garbage show but he's great to follow on twitter and laugh at (especially with the comments all his posts get). So far this week he's said that the Cowboys defense will be lost without Sean Lee, how the NFL suspending Elliot was a witch hunt against Zeke and Jerry Jones, how the Cowboys season is lost, and how the "planets have aligned" to give the Eagles the NFC East this year. I'm sure his end game is to talk up the Eagles so much so he can shit all over them if they don't score on every possession on Sunday and absolutely blow the Cowboys out.

I can see it now: "Not impressed with the Eagles and Wentz-in-a-lifetime for beating a depleted Cowboys team. With Lee and Zeke this would've been a BLOWOUT the other way!"

Eagles Rank #1 in NFL

1⃣ Record
    1⃣ Rush D
    1⃣ offensive TDs
    1⃣ offensive points
    1⃣ 20+ point GMs
    1⃣ 25+ points in 7 straight
    1⃣ Red Zone TD efficiency
    1⃣ 10+ yard plays
    1⃣ 10+ yard rush plays
    1⃣ 20+ yard rush plays