Page 1871 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 8711371177118211861186918701871187218731881192119712371 ... LastLast
Results 18,701 to 18,710 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I'm been thinking that when the Eagle drafted Wentz they also 'drafted' the Bison philosophy.

There just seems to be so much similarity between things 'Eagles' and things that Wentz learned, experienced as a Bison. Coincidence? Their latest 'next man up' mantra is just so,... ah ... Bison philosophy.

I wonder when the Eagles were researching Wentz, they weren't also researching the Bison for what makes them a winning program. I'm probably wrong, but just wondering.
    Also heard Pederson talk about winning the day and winning the week.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Also heard Pederson talk about winning the day and winning the week.
    While those sorts of things are definitely an integral part of Bison football, they are by no means unique to Bison football.

That being said, I have no doubt that there is some influence from Bison football on who Carson is, and in turn Carson has influence on who the Eagles are.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    While those sorts of things are definitely an integral part of Bison football, they are by no means unique to Bison football.

That being said, I have no doubt that there is some influence from Bison football on who Carson is, and in turn Carson has influence on who the Eagles are.

I agree. As for the "next man up" stuff, every football team in the world says that. Of course, the Bison actually epitomize it. Let's hope the Eagles can also do so.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Hate to say this, but peeps need to slow their roll a bit. A bit out of hand ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depends on what you mean, CAS.

On the influence of Bison football philosophy on the Eagles program? You're probably right.

On projecting Carson as the savior of the NFL? Folks may be going overboard there too...

On reflecting on the incredible showing the past few weeks and collectively all season so far? No way! Not out of hand in the least. Subjectively, he's been killin' it! Objectively, he's setting records left and right and doing so in a way that is impressing a lot of people who have been around the game for a long time.

I laugh at all the people hating Skip. Do you guys also think the bad guys in wrestling* are really bad guys? He's playing the heel. It's his shtick. He's winning because you're letting him win. In fact, he's actually helping Carson at this point because people are watching/rooting for Carson just because Skip is doubling down on not giving him credit. I just find it hilarious.

EmDiggy, on the other hand, is a different matter. He also has an agenda, but it's not to entertain or for ratings like Skip's is.

(And, no, I'm not a fan of Skip or his style of "debate". I just recognize it and choose to ignore it completely. I didn't mind it too bad in the old First Take days with Woody, but they've asked him to push it too far and it's become a caricature of what it was.)

*Moen: That's entertainment wrestling, not competitive.

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Tony Gonzalez and Cowherd love them some Carson...

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I laugh at all the people hating Skip. Do you guys also think the bad guys in wrestling* are really bad guys? He's playing the heel. It's his shtick. He's winning because you're letting him win. In fact, he's actually helping Carson at this point because people are watching/rooting for Carson just because Skip is doubling down on not giving him credit. I just find it hilarious.

EmDiggy, on the other hand, is a different matter. He also has an agenda, but it's not to entertain or for ratings like Skip's is.

(And, no, I'm not a fan of Skip or his style of "debate". I just recognize it and choose to ignore it completely. I didn't mind it too bad in the old First Take days with Woody, but they've asked him to push it too far and it's become a caricature of what it was.)

There's nothing wrong with either since I did both.

And for the record, the acting is real....darn it!!!
    Hail the BISON!!!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

You laugh when someone in the media has a clear, biased agenda? How do you know he is “winning”? Maybe he’s actually losing viewers/fans due to his lack of ability to be subjective (see EmDiggy). Or is he “winning” simply because some of us in Bisonville are irritated with his shtick?

Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    You laugh when someone in the media has a clear, biased agenda? How do you know he is “winning”? Maybe he’s actually losing viewers/fans due to his lack of ability to be subjective (see EmDiggy). Or is he “winning” simply because some of us in Bisonville are irritated with his shtick?

In Skip’s world whenever anyone cares more about what he says than he does, he wins.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie