Page 1696 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 6961196159616461686169416951696169716981706174617962196 ... LastLast
Results 16,951 to 16,960 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

My prediction for next year is that Manning retires, Osweiler gets a huge paycheck from another team (Elway can't match the offer due to Von Miller) and the Broncos draft a QB late in the first round. Hopefully, Elway chooses the right QB as the team is loaded with defensive players and receivers. They need the right captain to steer this ship along with an o-line that can create holes for the running game.
    from october 2015

wow, good call.

Default Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    from october 2015

wow, good call.
    Unfortunately the QB they drafted, Paxton Lynch, isn't picking up the offense too well. Based on his 18 Wonderlic score, he might be as smart as a box of rocks.

Also unfortunate, the two free agents Elway picked up, Okung and Stephenson, weren't the answer they needed on the O-Line. Billy Turner did well though during his limited time last year.

I expect Elway to get an O-lineman in first round. If not, it will be Christian McCaffrey.
    Hail the BISON!!!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    This has been posted already.
    Whoops, missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Unfortunately the QB they drafted, Paxton Lynch, isn't picking up the offense too well. Based on his 18 Wonderlic score, he might be as smart as a box of rocks.

Could tell from Lynch's appearance on Grudens QB camp he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Could tell from Lynch's appearance on Grudens QB camp he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
    To steal a quote from my 14-year-old daughter in regards to the sharpest tool idiom:

He's more like a hammer. (As a Bronco fan, I concur)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I thought he would have been better on the Buccaneers....as their mascot.

Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Re-picking Round 1 of the 2016 NFL draft

1. Dak Prescott

2. Carson Wentz

He made more mistakes as teams figured him out, but Wentz appears to be the franchise QB the Eagles were looking for when they forked over five picks to the Browns to move up to this spot last spring. The early-season concerns about throwing the FCS star into the fire were unsubstantiated—Philly clearly knew he had the makeup to learn some hard lessons on the fly without falling apart.
    29. Jared Goff

Hear me out, because this one might not be popular. Goff remains a Round 1 pick despite his disastrous debut because the curve was always going to be steep for a prospect with that much to learn and that little of a supporting cast behind him. Bruce Arians seems like the kind of coach who would say yes to Goff’s howitzer of an arm and figure out the details later, and with Carson Palmer returning for one more year, Arizona could limit the pressure to play Goff that constantly swirled in L.A.

Yep. Let's see Prescott on the Rams. I'll bet he has a little tougher time.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yep. Let's see Prescott on the Rams. I'll bet he has a little tougher time.
    I was not real impressed with him the few times I watched the Cowgirls this year. He got away with a lot of indecision because of that offensive line. He has a lot of weapons around him and doesn't force many things which is good, but if he were in Wentz' shoes he would not have fared near as well as Carson did.

Carson Wentz making Eagles attractive destination for free-agent receivers

Speaking with league insiders in preparation for the start of free agency (March 9, 4 p.m.), it has become clear that there are several free-agent wide receivers drawn to the idea of playing for the Philadelphia Eagles because of Wentz, the second-year quarterback out of North Dakota State.

Money is king, obviously. You won't find many players who will leave the best offer on the table if it is significantly sweeter than the rest. But if it's close, other priorities come into play, and quality of quarterback is typically number two on a receiver's list. The reason is obvious enough: the wide receiver position is heavily dependent on the quarterback. The better the QB, the better chance the receiver has of meeting his potential, which in turn increases his value and odds of success.

That's basic logic. What's of note here is that Wentz is considered, at least in some circles, as one of those performance-enhancing signal-callers.
    More here