Page 1695 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 6951195159516451685169316941695169616971705174517952195 ... LastLast
Results 16,941 to 16,950 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Sometimes I really wonder about Philly fans. Did they not see the paddleboarding pic?

Chase Daniel Voted Most Attractive Eagles Player
    Never heard of this poll, but the most attractive Charger is NDSU's own, Kyle Emanuel. He beat the next Charger by a full point. http://wearefanatics.com/most-attractive-nfl-teams/
    Hail the BISON!!!

4 myths about the Eagles season and off season
    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...-wide-receiver

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...padaro-insider

In that respect, the Eagles have the belief that they’re got the key, key, key piece in Carson Wentz, the prized acquisition of the 2016 offseason. Taken second in the NFL draft after the Eagles deftly moved up from No. 20 in the first round to No. 2 thanks to a pair of go-for-it trades by Howie Roseman, Wentz was everything the Eagles hoped and more in his rookie season. He played in every snap except six, missing the end of a drive against the Giants in Week 16 as he was being evaluated for a head injury. Otherwise, Wentz was a big, tough, hang-in-there quarterback who was far more athletic and poised than anyone could imagine a kid jumping from North Dakota State to the NFL and being inserted into the starting lineup eight days before the first game could ever be.

“What he’s done,” offensive coordinator Frank Reich said during the season, “is really remarkable. Carson is one of those guys who adapts to any situation and then raises his performance. He isn’t fazed. He just says, ‘Here’s a challenge. I’m going to win.’ And then he does.” Ah, winning is the key here. The Eagles won 7 games in 2016. It was the start of a new era with Doug Pederson as the head coach and Wentz as quarterback. It was a foundation-establishing season, albeit disappointing after the 3-0 September.

Now it’s time to take it up a notch. And to do so means upgrading the roster, surrounding Wentz with more explosiveness in the offense. How much does he need??

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Josh Buchanan: There have always been successful players. I think a lot of media and fans just remember the recent ones and always look for the next one. You don't hear people saying who the next Jerry Rice, Dexter Coakley, Terrell Owens or Kurt Warner is, but you hear this guy could be Wentz or Johnson, etc. You won't find many players ever from FCS with their ability. NFL teams have taken FCS players early when they show well in a major all-star game and then do well at the NFL Combine and just check all the boxes. Both of those players did that.

As for the truth on both of those two you asked about, Wentz showed he is a solid player who probably should have been a third-round pick who sat for a year or two and then be a guy you put on the field after a little while, (but) Johnson is an elite talent. I loved him as a wide receiver and running back. I actually would have rather had him because I felt he was ready to be a solid player right away and he showed it this year. I projected Wentz higher because I knew he would (be), but I don't believe in reaching for any player. There is always going to be a stud in the mid and late rounds. Good NFL teams find those guys like Johnson and get them instead of reaching.
    http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...14841523662004

Really?!?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Double post

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Yeah, because after a couple of years they probably could have some receivers who could catch, running backs who didn't fumble and an o-line that could block.

Story should have not been about how the NFL views the FCS because of Johnson and Wentz, but instead, how the FCS committee should view the Missouri Valley Football Conference because of these two. In a year or two, expect Haeg to get more coverage too.
    Hail the BISON!!!

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bisonville for the longest time didn't think he was ready to play right away either.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Let's get back on track.

Just How High Is Carson Wentz’s Ceiling?

Said Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo: “Carson generally doesn’t make the same mistake twice, and I’ve been saying that since we saw him on the field last spring. That’s a rare trait. The physical gifts are very obvious. The competitiveness is off the charts. His intelligence is way beyond what you normally find with a young quarterback. He made great progress in his first season and he knows, as well as all of us, just how much more work he needs to put in maximize his ability.”

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    This has been posted already.