Page 1691 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 6911191159116411681168916901691169216931701174117912191 ... LastLast
Results 16,901 to 16,910 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I thought it was awkward when Dan Patrick insisted Carson call out a play from NDSU, and then when he couldn't recall one Dan wanted an Eagle play call. It has been a long time since Carson played at NDSU, and also a decent amount of downtime since his last Philly game. Dan was trying too hard to be cute like Gruden did with the play call on his show. Felt bad for Carson as I am currently interviewing for jobs and have lots of experience in the past being the interviewer, and most recently lots of time on the other side as the interviewee. I feel comfortable in most situations, but sometimes the questions are just plain ridiculous and never should be asked in the first place.
    He should have let it go when Carson was struggling with it. I remember taking extended time off before my job started in Sioux Falls; your mind quickly loses its grasp of details which I suspect happened to Carson.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Listened to the Mike and Mike podcast and I was a little disappointed there was no mention of NDSU when they interviewed David Johnson right after Carson Wentz. Golic did say something about interviewing Carson from NDSU to Johnson and I thought they were going to at the very least talk about the two schools but it totally went a different direction...I'm assuming the Mikes had no clue about the two schools being in the same conference let alone rivalries...

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    He should have let it go when Carson was struggling with it. I remember taking extended time off before my job started in Sioux Falls; your mind quickly loses its grasp of details which I suspect happened to Carson.
    I'm not sure if Carson was actually struggling, but rather being apprehensive about talking about something that might get him in the doghouse with the coaching staff. Coaches are pretty uptight about playbook material, especially those in the NFL.
    Hail the BISON!!!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not sure if Carson was actually struggling, but rather being apprehensive about talking about something that might get him in the doghouse with the coaching staff. Coaches are pretty uptight about playbook material, especially those in the NFL.
    He's a pretty smart guy. I could see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I think we have a winner. +++++++++++++++++++++++++ He probably felt the same about NDSU; maybe even got talked to after the Gruden piece.

I think we have a winner. +++++++++++++++++++++++++ He probably felt the same about NDSU; maybe even got talked to after the Gruden piece.
    Agree. Could definitely tell Wentz was in the loose lips sink ships mode when dodging those play calling questions.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Agree. Could definitely tell Wentz was in the loose lips sink ships mode when dodging those play calling questions.
    Bet his teammates got a kick out of it......Puck, can you confirm this theory for us?

Bet his teammates got a kick out of it......Puck, can you confirm this theory for us?
    Yes I can. Carson could whip out a play in a heartbeat if he wanted to.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's the reason the streak is over.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    That's the reason the streak is over.
    RIP to NDSU's version of the Spider-Y-Banana play.
    Hail the BISON!!!