Page 1676 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 6761176157616261666167416751676167716781686172617762176 ... LastLast
Results 16,751 to 16,760 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Grizzled is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    No not really. Like I said if his receivers catch the balls the were supposed to, he is looking at a 23 TD season and 4,000 passing yards.

Go look up Peyton Manning's stats as a rookie and then his second year. Not saying Carson is going to be Peyton, but he just had a substantially better rookie year.
    Dropped passes are part of the game. He also had plays he should have been sacked or called back due to penalties and you don't subtract those yards. I think he gets better next season but top 10 is a stretch in my opinion. Hope I'm wrong. I don't think he was top half this year.

This is a good interview on Bison 1660 to Keith Brake. Nice to hear someone different

Bleeding Green Nation writer, Adam Hermann on "The Brakedown" Tuesday, January 3rd
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...ay-january-3rd

or if you want to listen to the whole show... https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...-3rd-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Dropped passes are part of the game. He also had plays he should have been sacked or called back due to penalties and you don't subtract those yards. I think he gets better next season but top 10 is a stretch in my opinion. Hope I'm wrong. I don't think he was top half this year.
    I don't disagree that dropped passes are part of the game, but there is no doubt the Eagles need better receivers. Philly had 24 which ranked them 10th out of 32 teams. Number one was the Jets who had only 6 more. Dallas was 32nd with only 8. I doubt it was a result of Dak being that much better than Carson.
    https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...rcentage/2016/
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Grizzled is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I don't disagree that dropped passes are part of the game, but there is no doubt the Eagles need better receivers. Philly had 24 which ranked them 10th out of 32 teams. Number one was the Jets who had only 6 more. Dallas was 32nd with only 8. I doubt it was a result of Dak being that much better than Carson.
    https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...rcentage/2016/
    They ranked 6th in pass attempts. Dallas was near the bottom for pass attempts. Philadelphia was also at the bottom of the league for yards per completion. Lots of short stuff that receivers got hands on is more opportunities for drops. Not saying they don't need better wideouts. Nelson A was brutal this year as was Matthews.

They ranked 6th in pass attempts. Dallas was near the bottom for pass attempts. Philadelphia was also at the bottom of the league for yards per completion. Lots of short stuff that receivers got hands on is more opportunities for drops. Not saying they don't need better wideouts. Nelson A was brutal this year as was Matthews.
    Maybe I need bisonaudit's help, but the attempts were accounted for by the rankings being based on percentages of drops.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

http://phillysportsnetwork.com/2017/01/03/rookie-2/

Carson Wentz:
    The man needs no real introduction. Drafted second overall by the Eagles, Wentz was expected to sit his rookie year behind Sam Bradford, learning the ropes and the marinating under the tutelage of Chase Daniel. Instead, Wentz set a rookie record for most passes attempted in a regular season, as well as ending the year with 3,782 yards and 16 touchdowns.

Various accolades including Rookie Of The Week and NFC Offensive Player Of The Week rewarded the incredible early form of Wentz, while a hot start and big wins over the likes of Minnesota, Atlanta and New York did the rest.

It wasn’t all Sunshine and Rainbows for the pride of North Dakota State. But whenever Wentz appeared to hit a Wall or present a flaw in his play, it would be corrected within a week. The long release that was slated by the Browns was absent in week 2 against the Bears. The decisions to slide when scrambling became far more educated and Wentz as a result grew into a far more confident quarterback outside the pocket. His tendencies to stare down receivers, once punished by the Seahawks, began to dissipate.

This season was always intended to be one of growth for Carson Wentz and it proved to be just that. Wentz didn’t just grow as a Leader, but as a quarterback, a teammate and a person. Watching Wentz develop and overcome problems each and every week was truly one of the bright spots in a bumpy 2016 campaign. If there’s one thing we know, it’s that the future is very, very bright for the face of the Franchise.

Grade: B+

10 minute Q&A with Carson and reporters.
    http://m.philadelphiaeagles.com/news...f-51590fbe05eb

Are other starting QB's as big about Tweeting as Carson? He is using it even more effectively than even the Donald. (Like him or hate him, twitter got him elected.)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Are other starting QB's as big about Tweeting as Carson? He is using it even more effectively than even the Donald. (Like him or hate him, twitter got him elected.)
    I think Hussein got him elected.

Being near the top of the NFL in drops and pre snap penalties are not part of the game. It's called having shitty receivers and shitty lineman. You can't argue with the numbers over the course of a 16 game season.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com