Page 1642 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 6421142154215921632164016411642164316441652169217422142 ... LastLast
Results 16,411 to 16,420 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

I think he is doing a damn good job with what he has and what situations he's in. One player, especially in the NFL, can't carry a team. Right Vikings fans?

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    I know the Bison faithful and the state of North Dakota is behind him. Growing pains for sure but that was expected. Rome wasn't built in a day. I listen to Philly sports radio and read their message boards. Most fans are still behind him and of course there are those that are calling him a bust. Comes with the territory. All of this is going to motivate him during the off season to work on things. Just hope he survives the season because he took a beating yesterday
    Carson is doing pretty well in my opinion considering his situation. There a lot of Hall of Fame QB's who struggled worse in the first season (i.e. Elway and eventual HOFer Manning). Hopefully by next year, Wentz takes over the leadership roll completely like those HOF QBs did and is recognized as the Alpha-male.
    Hail the BISON!!!

One thing that is encouraging is the fact that they are getting Paul Turner some playing time and he's taking advantage of it. He had a good preseason and he had a better game yesterday, in terms of catches and yards, than Agholor has had in his 1.5 seasons. After his non-block yesterday I'm also wondering if Ertz should lose some playing time to Celek and Burton. Overall I think the Eagles boards I read realize Carson isn't the main problem and once they get Lane Johnson back and plug a few other holes the offense could be back to something next season. The defense on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    One thing that is encouraging is the fact that they are getting Paul Turner some playing time and he's taking advantage of it. He had a good preseason and he had a better game yesterday, in terms of catches and yards, than Agholor has had in his 1.5 seasons. After his non-block yesterday I'm also wondering if Ertz should lose some playing time to Celek and Burton. Overall I think the Eagles boards I read realize Carson isn't the main problem and once they get Lane Johnson back and plug a few other holes the offense could be back to something next season. The defense on the other hand....
    Burton looked pretty solid yesterday. He deserves to be in there more frequently and to be thrown to as often as possible.
    And........as small as Darren Sproles is, he works hard in the backfield picking up blitzers. He's a stud in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Burton looked pretty solid yesterday. He deserves to be in there more frequently and to be thrown to as often as possible.
    And........as small as Darren Sproles is, he works hard in the backfield picking up blitzers. He's a stud in my book.
    Sproles is all heart. Really like that guy. Need to get him in space more.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I think he is doing a damn good job with what he has and what situations he's in. One player, especially in the NFL, can't carry a team. Right Vikings fans?
    Who is the one player the Vikings have???
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Carson is doing pretty well in my opinion considering his situation. There a lot of Hall of Fame QB's who struggled worse in the first season (i.e. Elway and eventual HOFer Manning). Hopefully by next year, Wentz takes over the leadership roll completely like those HOF QBs did and is recognized as the Alpha-male.

Actually most of them. A couple that come to mind are Aikman, Manning, and Young all struggled.
    The fella that watches the CFL

All he has to do imho is keep working hard, stay positive and lead. He will be fine. It's not like he is surrounded with talent like Dallas.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Sproles is all heart. Really like that guy. Need to get him in space more.
    Guy is playing with a broken rib too... can't even imagine that.

Speaking of guys to root for, I really hope Agholor gets into a groove, but the play calling isn't helping him right now. Speaking of the OC, I'd like him to let Carson get out of the pocket more. He was definitely off on Sunday - no excuses, but Philadelphia has to score on almost every drive to win games (and hope for some TOs).

Let's see: A patchwork offensive line, a TE who has more yards in false start penalties than in YAC (hope he snaps out of it too), their #1 RB and #1 WR out, and a terrible defense (Green Bay punted once, Bengals punted once.) All that, and the endless barrage of mental mistakes. Not good.

This isn't a team with a bare cupboard. They were really young before drafting CW. Then the great move to trade Bradford to get some picks back. Every week they are moving further up in the first round. 3/4 of the roster is still under 30 years old. They are still only one season removed from the Chip Kelly disaster where he stripped the team of a lot of talent to play his form of nepotism. The defense, when healthy, has been decent. The team doesn't have to worry about the QB spot for the foreseeable future and can spend their picks on building a team around him and depth. I say around the 2018 season, they will have a very nice mix of solid veterans and explosive young players to make a lot of noise league wide. The Giants and Washington will have to start replacing a lot of their roster by then. The Cowboys should be tough, but they might have cap space issues if their young guys keep improving at the rate they are now. In the division, it will be the Cowboys and Eagles to contend with. In the NFC, there are a lot of things that could happen, but there are a lot of teams with QB getting older. I would look at this coming offseason to try and trade some of the older guys under contract and keep adding draft picks and look at 2018 as the first year to really measure where the team is at.