Page 1641 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 6411141154115911631163916401641164216431651169117412141 ... LastLast
Results 16,401 to 16,410 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    While this is all true, Carson has not thrown the ball well the past several weeks. I still think it's an undisclosed injury or maybe he's just beat up at this point. He's taken a lot of hard hits.
    It isn't like he's been bad. You can clearly see he's trying to force things to make things happen. I'm not sure you can really fault him, the running game is absolute garbage, his wr's lead the NFL in drops, and the offense leads the NFL in penalties. Half the good throws he makes in a game are brought back for some dumb penalty.

They said Tom Brady was done 2 years ago also when he got sacked 6 times by the Chiefs on a Sunday night game, Belicek figured the oline out, and they went and won the superb owl.

I understand hating on the franchise qb when the offense sucks, but it's just amazing to me how so many people overlook all the negative around him and just throw out articles about how he's regressing. Of course he's regressing the entire offense is a shitshow, but somehow a rookie is supposed to fix everything?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep. When your have a rookie QB, bad receivers, and an oline that can't protect... you should play to your strengths which is RUNNING THE BALL! It's a heck of a lot easier to run block with scrub lineman than pass protect.
    Not sure you've watched much of the Vikings but the OL is horrendous and can't run block at all. The Eagles are in a similar spot.

Short quick passes are probably the best way to go but those can get figured out in a hurry when you can't stretch the field.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep. When your have a rookie QB, bad receivers, and an oline that can't protect... you should play to your strengths which is RUNNING THE BALL! It's a heck of a lot easier to run block with scrub lineman than pass protect.
    They haven't been able to run the ball the last few weeks either. Too many injuries along the oline and Ryan Mathews has been out too. Not to mention the defense can't stop anyone and they get behind by 3 TD's takes away some of your options. Maybe they'll worry more about evaluating and improving their personnel for next year at this point and less about trying to win games. Their out of the PO's for all intents and purposes. Would like to see CJ get some playing time at corner.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    It isn't like he's been bad. You can clearly see he's trying to force things to make things happen. I'm not sure you can really fault him, the running game is absolute garbage, his wr's lead the NFL in drops, and the offense leads the NFL in penalties. Half the good throws he makes in a game are brought back for some dumb penalty.

They said Tom Brady was done 2 years ago also when he got sacked 6 times by the Chiefs on a Sunday night game, Belicek figured the oline out, and they went and won the superb owl.

I understand hating on the franchise qb when the offense sucks, but it's just amazing to me how so many people overlook all the negative around him and just throw out articles about how he's regressing. Of course he's regressing the entire offense is a shitshow, but somehow a rookie is supposed to fix everything?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post

He was bad yesterday no doubt. Overthrew receivers when they were open, passes deflected at the line, and bad decisions. With that said the team all around stinks and there are holes all over the place. That 3-0 start is in the distant pass and I don't see this getting any better soon. Obviously I will still support Carson through this mess and hopefully things will look up next season.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    He was bad yesterday no doubt. Overthrew receivers when they were open, passes deflected at the line, and bad decisions. With that said the team all around stinks and there are holes all over the place. That 3-0 start is in the distant pass and I don't see this getting any better soon. Obviously I will still support Carson through this mess and hopefully things will look up next season.
    Let him know we are still behind him! Just needs to keep working at it! I know he will.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pederson needs to give up the offensive play calling. Or he needs to go period.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    Pederson needs to give up the offensive play calling. Or he needs to go period.
    I agree. Would like to see him let Frank call plays in a game once. I think it's too distracting to be a HC and still call plays. Hard enough making critical game decisions about the clock, whether to kick, etc. without thinking about down, distance and your next play. I think that's cost them on a few of those delay of game penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    I think it's safe to say we will all support Carson. I feel for you, Uncle Pucknut, when I read crap about him. But I keep reminding myself that he is working as hard as he can, that he has become a leader in the locker room, that he is representing himself and his home state with class and dignity. That makes me proud!

Get some talent around him, and he'll do great things!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    I think it's safe to say we will all support Carson. I feel for you, Uncle Pucknut, when I read crap about him. But I keep reminding myself that he is working as hard as he can, that he has become a leader in the locker room, that he is representing himself and his home state with class and dignity. That makes me proud!

Get some talent around him, and he'll do great things!
    I know the Bison faithful and the state of North Dakota is behind him. Growing pains for sure but that was expected. Rome wasn't built in a day. I listen to Philly sports radio and read their message boards. Most fans are still behind him and of course there are those that are calling him a bust. Comes with the territory. All of this is going to motivate him during the off season to work on things. Just hope he survives the season because he took a beating yesterday