Page 1640 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 6401140154015901630163816391640164116421650169017402140 ... LastLast
Results 16,391 to 16,400 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They have a dog shit defense too. May actually be the worst of everything you listed outside of the fact they quit during the Packers game and it continues this week
    Bengals offense scored on their first six possessions, and the only way the offense works is if they let Carson touch the ball on every play, either as a pass or run. The offensive line did OK at first, then they got figured out. Ertz with another false start and the center, if there is no noise, will only snap the ball when he feels like it.

On the plus side, I won't watch the Eagles on defense so, hey, my garage is spotless now and there's finally a safari top on my Jeep for winter. I made the mistake of coming in and saw that the Bengals had a third and long and found out the answer to the riddle: How many Eagles defenders it takes to tackle a WR? Answer: Five. Four to grope him until he falls down and a fifth to come in helmet first to pick up the personal foul. Next play was a personal foul too. Next week, I'm cleaning the basement.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I don't really understand the sudden attacks on his mechanics. He's really getting beat up in social media with armchair QB opinions.

It's like this,

Carson is struggling a little right now. Aside from that, the offensive line is a complete dumpster fire, they have the worst WR unit in the NFL, they have no running game, and they have a coach who doesn't really understand how to change plays to the flow of what's happening in the game. And people are going to sit and spend their time on criticizing his mechanics?

Even with his struggles, Wentz is literally the ONLY player on that offense making plays right now. The only one, aside from some Darren Sproles moments here and there.
    While this is all true, Carson has not thrown the ball well the past several weeks. I still think it's an undisclosed injury or maybe he's just beat up at this point. He's taken a lot of hard hits.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They have a dog shit defense too. May actually be the worst of everything you listed outside of the fact they quit during the Packers game and it continues this week
    They are giving up twice as many points as they did the first 6 games during the last 6 games.

I dont agree with what Pederson is doing. The first 6 games Carson passed for around a 180 times. The last 6 he has passed 270 times.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    While this is all true, Carson has not thrown the ball well the past several weeks. I still think it's an undisclosed injury or maybe he's just beat up at this point. He's taken a lot of hard hits.
    It doesn't seem like he has much zip on the ball lately. Was thinking injury or maybe "aiming" too much?
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    They are giving up twice as many points as they did the first 6 games during the last 6 games.

I dont agree with what Pederson is doing. The first 6 games Carson passed for around a 180 times. The last 6 he has passed 270 times.
    They are passing more because they are behind

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I don't really understand the sudden attacks on his mechanics. He's really getting beat up in social media with armchair QB opinions.

It's like this,

Carson is struggling a little right now. Aside from that, the offensive line is a complete dumpster fire, they have the worst WR unit in the NFL, they have no running game, and they have a coach who doesn't really understand how to change plays to the flow of what's happening in the game. And people are going to sit and spend their time on criticizing his mechanics?

Even with his struggles, Wentz is literally the ONLY player on that offense making plays right now. The only one, aside from some Darren Sproles moments here and there.
    Carson is the most important player on that franchise, of course they're going to be most critical of him. If he's no good nothing else matters.

More on this mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    It could be that the stress is getting to him. I don't know Carson personally, so this is all just based on what I know about him. We know that he's cool under pressure - and keeps his composure even when his team is falling apart around him. But he doesn't throw his team under the bus; he accepts responsibility for failures in the offense. The weight of that responsibility may be carrying over into practice.

Or he's spending so much extra time in the film room and in practice that he doesn't have time to sleep any more.

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post

Yep. When your have a rookie QB, bad receivers, and an oline that can't protect... you should play to your strengths which is RUNNING THE BALL! It's a heck of a lot easier to run block with scrub lineman than pass protect.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yep. When your have a rookie QB, bad receivers, and an oline that can't protect... you should play to your strengths which is RUNNING THE BALL! It's a heck of a lot easier to run block with scrub lineman than pass protect.
    Different coaching staff, but probably shouldn't have traded one of the best RBs ITL.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Carson is the most important player on that franchise, of course they're going to be most critical of him. If he's no good nothing else matters.

More on this mechanics.
    His throwing motion has regressed a bit, little more loopy on his wind up/slower and lower release, I believe that has lead to more batted balls at the line. Most of his int's are because of his foot work, throwing off his back foot or not stepping into throws or toward his target leads to high or inaccurate throws. It's one of those things that recurs when he's under duress which he has been much of the last 10 games. He needs to keep working at it and the coaches will drill it into him over the off season. He also needs to be a bit more quicker with his decisions. Quite a few times yesterday it looked like he second guessed himself or the receiver. Appeared ready to pull the trigger but hesitated a bit. Needs to trust his instincts and get the ball out quicker. That's why a lot of his throws are a bit behind the receiver on crossing routes. A lot of that has to do with the revolving personnel at WR/oline and experience. He proved he is more then capable when he has good personnel around him. Hopefully they can upgrade the roster in the offseason.