Page 1635 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 6351135153515851625163316341635163616371645168517352135 ... LastLast
Results 16,341 to 16,350 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

I've given up trying to tell what is pass interference and what is not. Also saw lots of apparent holding calls that were missed when Rodgers was scrambling around.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    I quit watching the NFL almost 20 years ago that is until this year and only because of Carson. But I'm with you after last night. I've seen enough. If that wasn't rigged I don't know what rigged is. On the bright side I will have my Sunday's back. I don't care to watch games that are fixed by the "officials". I still wish Carson the best though but he's got a tough road in front of him. It would have been hard enough to be successful in the NFL but it's even harder when you have to not only beat the other team but also beat the refs.
    It's OK to not be OK.

http://506sports.com/

Western part of the state not initially listed as getting the Eagles game this week. That will probably change over the next couple of days.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He is doing better than a lot of rookie QBs that are solid starters now compared to their rookie years.

One example is Joe Flacco since a lot of people want to compare the 2 because they are both FCS products

Pass YPG

Wentz - 235.7
    Flacco - 185.7

Pass/INT per game

Wentz - 1.0/0.7
    Flacco - 0.9/0.8

Completion %

Wentz - 63.5
    Flacco - 60.0

Rating

Wentz - 83.4
    Flacco - 80.3

These numbers come from Pro Football Reference. You can compare him to a bunch of players at once. He is doing better than a lot of Rookie QBs have done in the past.
    The fella that watches the CFL

I appreciate the fact that the media (and the fickle Philly fans) are not blaming Carson for losses this season, still believe that he is playing well, and certainly continue to expect great things from him. I can hardly wait to see what the future holds for him!

It'll be interesting to see what Howie Roseman is able to do with the roster this off season. All indications are he did a hell of a job in his first year back in charge. Chip Kelly decimated that team while he was the man.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    It's only a difference of 42 calls yet yields a 1000 extra yards. That 1.4 more penalties per game/33.3 yards per penalty is roughly equal to a long pass interference call per game so I don't think this is quite the conspiracy you're making it out to be. Sorry for shitting on your point but it's also well known that Vikings are infamous for their lying, pillaging and cheating so I'm actually surprised the difference isn't larger. I guess the point I'm trying to prove is Brett Favre is more likely to get a PI call on a 40 yard bomb than Christian Ponder is on a 5 yard out.
    I won't comment any more on this after this post because we're getting way off topic, but I did find a way to see specific penalties for/against teams (going back to 2009), the results weren't surprising (to me anyway)-

Defensive PI: Packers 42, opponents 75
    Defensive holding: Packers 39, opponents 49
    Offensive PI: Packers 13, opponents 21
    Roughing passer: Packers 16, opponents 23
    Total "judgement" penalties: Packers 110, opponents 168

Based on some coaches challenges, and even more so Peter Kings articles on talking to coaches, even 10 yards of field position is important. But I think the yards is fairly irrelevant compared to drive-extending first downs. Those penalties pretty much all result in a fresh set of downs. An extra set of downs is _extremely_ important, many examples out there why an extra drive often decides the outcome of the game. The further the Packers advance, the more lucrative it is for NFL due to their fans (think the $200 "stock" aka piece of paper the packer fans buy).

The good news for us on this board is, the further the Bison advance, the more lucrative it is for the ncaa/fcs due to Bison fans.

(I don't quite get the "well known that the Vikings are infamous for their lying, pillaging and cheating" comment or the associated point you are trying to make so won't comment on that).

Go Carson!

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A quote from Terrell Owens on 97.5 Fanatic

"Carson Wentz is only going to be as good as his weapons around him. The management has to surround this kid with playmakers."

He also said he would play WR for them for the rest of the season if they called.
    The fella that watches the CFL

http://m.philadelphiaeagles.com/news...6-0a2a5fff6ace

Wentz has already had quite the season. He got pounded in the Washington game. He had to overcome early interceptions in the Vikings game. There were red zone struggles against the Giants. Facing the Seattle defense for a whole game was a major challenge. Wentz has been hurt by penalties, dropped passes and missed blocks. Still, he keeps right on battling. You don't see him getting overwhelmed or overly frustrated. One of the toughest tests for players is how they handle adversity. So far Wentz is doing a great job of that.

Good luck Carson! Fly Eagles Fly!