Page 1634 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 6341134153415841624163216331634163516361644168417342134 ... LastLast
Results 16,331 to 16,340 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Well, I'm through watching this shit show. The Eagles have shit for personnel and the officiating borders on criminal. Even in HS football I have never seen such awful officiating as I have watched this year in the NFL. As I have previously mentioned, this is the first time I've paid any attention to the NFL, simply because of Carson. It appears to me that they favor the team that has a veteran QB...like they don't want to offend him. I've been watching the Eagles get the shaft all year. Not that they don't fuck up enough themselves, but..

I've been a Greenbay fan through the years, and Aaron Rogers too, but no more. Not after that display of favoritism. Then you throw in a shit load of stinking commercials...ugh!!!!

I wish Carson luck in staying healthy with that crap of an offensive line, but I'm through watching anymore NFL this year.
    I quit watching the NFL almost 20 years ago that is until this year and only because of Carson. But I'm with you after last night. I've seen enough. If that wasn't rigged I don't know what rigged is. On the bright side I will have my Sunday's back. I don't care to watch games that are fixed by the "officials". I still wish Carson the best though but he's got a tough road in front of him. It would have been hard enough to be successful in the NFL but it's even harder when you have to not only beat the other team but also beat the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    How many wins would Philly have if Rodgers was their QB? I'm guessing one more.
    How many wins would Philly have if Bradford was still the QB?

Bigger question: How many wins would the Vikings have if Carson was their QB?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    How many wins would Philly have if Bradford was still the QB?

Bigger question: How many wins would the Vikings have if Carson was their QB?
    Vikes O-line is worse than the Eagles. I don't think anyone would do very well behind that steam strainer. Both offenses are dead ends for different reasons

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Vikes O-line is worse than the Eagles. I don't think anyone would do very well behind that steam strainer. Both offenses are dead ends for different reasons
    Both are pretty bad, but you are right, the Vikings is worse. I get the biggest kick out of people ripping Spielman, Zimmer, and Bradford that somehow, they don't know what they are doing when you basically have had every player on your line hurt, then backups hurt, and even skill guys hurt........

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Both are pretty bad, but you are right, the Vikings is worse. I get the biggest kick out of people ripping Spielman, Zimmer, and Bradford that somehow, they don't know what they are doing when you basically have had every player on your line hurt, then backups hurt, and even skill guys hurt........
    It's certainly a lot of bad luck...but...the offensive line stunk all along despite being the most expensive in the league and there was no depth. They are also paying a running back QB dollars and went into the season with Shaun Hill as their backup QB.

I think Carson would be doing a little better with the Vikings than Bradford. Not that Bradford has been bad, he's still a better passer, but his lack of mobility has really hurt at times.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    It's certainly a lot of bad luck...but...the offensive line stunk all along despite being the most expensive in the league and there was no depth. They are also paying a running back QB dollars and went into the season with Shaun Hill as their backup QB.

I think Carson would be doing a little better with the Vikings than Bradford. Not that Bradford has been bad, he's still a better passer, but his lack of mobility has really hurt at times.
    And that line was NEVER intact, they then even had backups hurt, and Adrian is Adrian. He was as valuable as a QB when he signed that contract. And remember, the intent of a backup is to play a few games, not an entire season. I had no big problem with Shaun Hill for that as he proved in game 1 when used as intended. I think Carson would be hurt already if playing for the Vikings. Bradford is smart enough not to be a martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    I quit watching the NFL almost 20 years ago that is until this year and only because of Carson. But I'm with you after last night. I've seen enough. If that wasn't rigged I don't know what rigged is. On the bright side I will have my Sunday's back. I don't care to watch games that are fixed by the "officials". I still wish Carson the best though but he's got a tough road in front of him. It would have been hard enough to be successful in the NFL but it's even harder when you have to not only beat the other team but also beat the refs.
    Yep me and a co-worker talk about this all the time. I went back to 2000 in Vikes/Packers games-
    Vikes penalties: 231 for 2605 yards
    Packers penalties: 189 for 1553 yards.

1000+ yards of penalties in Packers favor! Where they really get the benefit is defensive pass interference and offensive holding - those are judgement calls, and seem VERY skewed in Packers favor.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDuke View Post
    Yep me and a co-worker talk about this all the time. I went back to 2000 in Vikes/Packers games-

1000+ yards of penalties in Packers favor! Where they really get the benefit is defensive pass interference and offensive holding - those are judgement calls, and seem VERY skewed in Packers favor.
    Coaching. 10 char
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDuke View Post

A 1000 yards over 16 years, that's at least 2 games per year and in some cases 3 if they meet in the playoffs. So let's say it's 30 games. That's 33.3 more penalty yards toward the Vikes over the Packers. During that same time the Packers have had 2 QB's, both elite, both known for chucking the ball downfield because they are capabale of that. During that time the Vikings have fielded
    2000 Daunte Culpepper (16)
    2001 Daunte Culpepper (11) / Todd Bouman (3) / Spergon Wynn (2)
    2002 Daunte Culpepper (16)
    2003 Daunte Culpepper (14) / Gus Frerotte (2)
    2004 Daunte Culpepper (16)
    2005 Brad Johnson (9) / Daunte Culpepper (7)
    2006 Brad Johnson (14) / Tarvaris Jackson (2)
    2007 Tarvaris Jackson (12) / Kelly Holcomb (3) / Brooks Bollinger (1)
    2008 Gus Frerotte (11) / Tarvaris Jackson (5)
    2009 Brett Favre† (16)
    2010 Brett Favre† (13) / Tarvaris Jackson (1) / Joe Webb (2)
    2011 Christian Ponder (10) / Donovan McNabb (6)
    2012 Christian Ponder (16)
    2013 Christian Ponder (9) / Matt Cassel (6) / Josh Freeman (1)
    2014 Teddy Bridgewater (12) / Matt Cassel (3) / Christian Ponder (1)
    2015 Teddy Bridgewater (16)
    2016 Sam Bradford (10) / Shaun Hill (1)

Not exactly a list filled with elite QB's. It's only a difference of 42 calls yet yields a 1000 extra yards. That 1.4 more penalties per game/33.3 yards per penalty is roughly equal to a long pass interference call per game so I don't think this is quite the conspiracy you're making it out to be. Sorry for shitting on your point but it's also well known that Vikings are infamous for their lying, pillaging and cheating so I'm actually surprised the difference isn't larger. I guess the point I'm trying to prove is Brett Favre is more likely to get a PI call on a 40 yard bomb than Christian Ponder is on a 5 yard out.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!