Page 1599 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 59910991499154915891597159815991600160116091649169920992599 ... LastLast
Results 15,981 to 15,990 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

I wonder if Doug Pederson has told Carson to not go deep or if the Vikes game with the 2 int's has Carson a little gun shy. The first 3 games they took shots down field and were successful. Was that just a product of poor opponents, lack of film, etc? Or maybe he doesn't trust the line to protect on longer developing plays. At some point you have to take some deep shots.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I wonder if Doug Pederson has told Carson to not go deep or if the Vikes game with the 2 int's has Carson a little gun shy. The first 3 games they took shots down field and were successful. Was that just a product of poor opponents, lack of film, etc? Or maybe he doesn't trust the line to protect on longer developing plays. At some point you have to take some deep shots.
    I read somewhere after the Cowboys game, can't remember where, that Carson said they did call some shots but he checked out of them.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I read somewhere after the Cowboys game, can't remember where, that Carson said they did call some shots but he checked out of them.
    I don't remember seeing a safety down in the box all game. Seems as if the cowboys decided they weren't going to get beat deep which also opened up the running game for sproles.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

http://www.phillyvoice.com/nelson-ag...out-his-drops/

If you don't want to hear about drops catch the damn ball!
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post

No shit. He's tired of hearing about them; we're tired of watching them.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post

In the eternal words of Jim Carrey in Liar Liar, “STOP B̶R̶E̶A̶K̶I̶N̶G̶ ̶T̶H̶E̶ ̶L̶A̶W̶ DROPPING THE BALL ASSHOLE!”

I get to watch CW play in person Sunday. I'll just have to wear a Bison shirt under my Giants shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Olton Hall View Post
    I get to watch CW play in person Sunday. I'll just have to wear a Bison shirt under my Giants shirt.
    What, you don't have an old Stacy Robinson jersey or a Ron Erhardt-worn, Giants polo laying around?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Wentz throwing deep downfield less of late
    Updated: November 2, 2016 — 12:41 AM EDT

Carson Wentz may not have thrown many passes downfield against the Cowboys, but his reluctance to go deep wasn't because Doug Pederson didn't call plays with those routes.

The Eagles quarterback dropped back to pass 46 times on Sunday night, and 19 of those plays had multiple receivers running 20 yards or more downfield. Not every play was designed for a deep option to be the first read, and by comparison to previous games there weren't a high percentage of stretch routes. But upon further review of the coaches' film, shots were taken.

Wentz, for various reasons, just didn't pull the trigger. Mostly it was because his receivers were covered. The Cowboys often had the right defense called to take away the deep ball. But in many man-to-man situations the Eagles couldn't get open.

Open can be a subjective term as it relates to some receivers. Good receivers, as the saying goes, are never covered. But Wentz has become increasingly gun-shy when it comes to targeting his receivers deep and certainly when they have been covered deep.

"Dallas . . . played a little bit more two-deep against us than what we've seen in previous weeks," Pederson said on Monday after the Eagles lost to the Cowboys, 29-23, in overtime. "I thought that Carson was very efficient with the throws he did make. . . . There were some situations there."

Read the rest: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports....big_plays.html

and in followup............. NFL Network has suspended analyst Brian Baldinger (and former Eagle player ) (and present eagle fan) for six months without pay for suggesting the Eagles put a "bounty" on Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, Sporting News has learned.

NFL Network spokesman Alex Riethmiller confirmed the punishment to SN Wednesday.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Per Ron Jaworski

The Eagles have thrown down the field (20+ yards) 10.1% of the time.

Carr: 8.4%
    Brees: 9.7%
    Stafford: 8.5%
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!