Page 1533 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 53310331433148315231531153215331534153515431583163320332533 ... LastLast
Results 15,321 to 15,330 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Wentz played great again yesterday. Eagles defense spotted Detroit 14 points right away and made things difficult for the offense. That fumble too... what horrible timing

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I was a fan of the Broncos through all the superbowl losses...so not a bandwagon fan. Also, I haven't paid for their stadium or lived in the state, but when my sister moved out there (she's a lot older) and I got to see all of that when I was young it made an impression. I think it is a bit silly to think a person doesn't have a personal connection with the team they cheer for. For me the Bison are #1 and my number #2 team (Broncos) who although are important are not even close. I always cheer for Bison players in the NFL no matter what team they play for...and even moreso Carson since he has so much more influence on the game. So by cheering for Carson I'm cheering for NDSU. If Carson would somehow make it to a superbowl, in a way that is like NDSU making it (to me at least).

It also doesn't help that the Vikings snub every Bison player. You can't tell me the needs never match up with what we have. IMHO they intentionally will not take our players.
    Your last part I actually agree with but don't say that too loud

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I was born in Minnesota in 1979.
    I was sad when Morton Anderson missed a field goal on Jan 17 1999.
    I was angry when Brett Favre threw an interception on Jan 24 2010.
    I laughed my ass off when Blair Walsh missed a field goal on Jan 10 2016.

I will not be sad if the Vikings lose on Oct 23 2016. I will be happy.

Go Bison
    Go Wentz
    Go Eagles
    Just count your blessings you did not have to live through 4 Viking super bowl losses where they did not show up. Also a NFC playoff loss to the Cowgirls in the 1970's when they likely would have won the super bowl had they not lost that game. Vikings are known for choking so I just assume they will do the same again. Nice start Vikes........time to piss it down your leg. Maybe if the Cubs win the World Series the Vikes can also win it all? Nah.......not gonna happen.

I was a fan of the Broncos through all the superbowl losses...so not a bandwagon fan. Also, I haven't paid for their stadium or lived in the state, but when my sister moved out there (she's a lot older) and I got to see all of that when I was young it made an impression. I think it is a bit silly to think a person doesn't have a personal connection with the team they cheer for. For me the Bison are #1 and my number #2 team (Broncos) who although are important are not even close. I always cheer for Bison players in the NFL no matter what team they play for...and even moreso Carson since he has so much more influence on the game. So by cheering for Carson I'm cheering for NDSU. If Carson would somehow make it to a superbowl, in a way that is like NDSU making it (to me at least).

It also doesn't help that the Vikings snub every Bison player. You can't tell me the needs never match up with what we have. IMHO they intentionally will not take our players.
    They're always inviting players to camp

All of the above! I still consider myself a vikings fan, and have some other NFL favorite teams, but the NFL has lost its luster compared to the Bison. Too many stupid "what about me" personalities in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    They're always inviting players to camp
    I know of a few, but always? Maybe. Still not one has been taken. I remember reading how they did it for a few recent players and how they did it as the nice thing to do for Minnesota native players...but that they had no intent to actually really look at them. It is possible I read between the lines on that...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I know of a few, but always? Maybe. Still not one has been taken. I remember reading how they did it for a few recent players and how they did it as the nice thing to do for Minnesota native players...but that they had no intent to actually really look at them. It is possible I read between the lines on that...
    Vikes would rather pick up local DII or DIII players.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe they just aren't good enough to play in the NFL...

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Yeah, the Vikes have a history of dominance and success so they must always make great decisions.......lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    We've had a fair amount make it in the NFL...but none of them have ever played for the Vikings. I'm not talking about our players that haven't been on any NFL teams...but we've had a fair amount make it but none of them for the Vikings. Thus, I wonder if they are biased against us.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]