Page 1532 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 53210321432148215221530153115321533153415421582163220322532 ... LastLast
Results 15,311 to 15,320 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Actually I think it's exactly the opposite. If people care for NDSU's reputation then why would Bison fans show up in droves wearing their Bison or Wentz gear and cheer against Minnesota's (our main recruiting grounds and large fanbase) favorite sports team. Sure, make NDSU's presence and pride in one of our guys known, and cheer for Carson some, but cheer for the Vikes. There is absolutely no reason people can't go to that game and be both Wentz and Vikes fans. Looking and acting like Packer fans at a Vikes game does NDSU zero favors
    Fans can go to the game and cheer for Wentz to do well and still not cheer for the Vikings . Just like when the Eagles play the Packers. I will be rooting for the Packers but I hope Carson plays well.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Default Carson Wentz

Remember about year ago when draft experts were high on Goff and Lynch while considering Carson a distant third.

Those experts suck. Can't speak much on Goff, but Lynch proved today how difficult it is for college QBs coming from a spread system can adjust to the NFL. Swear Lynch has no internal clock and doesn't understand that QBs cannot sit and wait for receivers to get open. I believe he'll get better, but today he made the Falcons' defense look All-Universe at times.

Watching Lynch live today in a meaningful game made me appreciate how good Wentz is as a rookie. Couldn't imagine how scary the Eagles would be if they the Broncos' receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Fans can go to the game and cheer for Wentz to do well and still not cheer for the Vikings . Just like when the Eagles play the Packers. I will be rooting for the Packers but I hope Carson plays well.
    Except in that scenario you aren't upseting the state of Wisconsin but are asking Wentz fans to do so in MN. I'm on to your shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Except in that scenario you aren't upseting the state of Wisconsin but are asking Wentz fans to do so in MN. I'm on to your shenanigans
    I doubt rooting for CW is going to upset the whole state of MN. Especially since half of them are Packer fans.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I doubt rooting for CW is going to upset the whole state of MN. Especially since half of them are Packer fans.
    Stop exaggerating, it's probably only 48% or so

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Remember about year ago when draft experts were high on Goff and Lynch while considering Carson a distant third.

Those experts suck. Can't speak much on Goff, but Lynch proved today how difficult it is for college QBs coming from a spread system can adjust to the NFL. Swear Lynch has no internal clock and doesn't understand that QBs cannot sit and wait for receivers to get open. I believe he'll get better, but today he made the Falcons' defense look All-Universe at times.

Watching Lynch live today in a meaningful game made me appreciate how good Wentz is as a rookie. Couldn't imagine how scary the Eagles would be if they the Broncos' receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He was just awkward looking out there

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    OK, to be frank, let's not get carried away. It's good that the Eagles lost that game so we get home field. I'm starting to think people forget the Carson Wentz is not a Viking.
    I had grown to finally gotten to be indifferent to the Vikings. Vikings fans have changed that once again. I'm once again cheering for most anybody who plays the Vikings...a lot to do with posts like this. You know I've been a lifelong Broncos fan...but in no way shape or form would I be cheering for them if they played the Eagles.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I had grown to finally gotten to be indifferent to the Vikings. Vikings fans have changed that once again. I'm once again cheering for most anybody who plays the Vikings...a lot to do with posts like this. You know I've been a lifelong Broncos fan...but in no way shape or form would I be cheering for them if they played the Eagles.
    Well that's easy to do when you don't have a personal connection to the team you cheer for. I live in and was raised in Minnesota, they are the team whose games I attend, their stadiums have been paid for in part with my money, they directly represent my state and contribute to it. Yeah it hasn't been easy, ever, and they have broken my heart many times. But they are still my team.

When you just jump on a bandwagon, regardless of how long ago that was, it's pretty easy to change affiliation. I don't know if that's the case for you, but I know it's the case for many if not most of the Packer fans in Minnesota. And I also know what kind of fans I have more respect for.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Well that's easy to do when you don't have a personal connection to the team you cheer for. I live in and was raised in Minnesota, they are the team whose games I attend, their stadiums have been paid for in part with my money, they directly represent my state and contribute to it. Yeah it hasn't been easy, ever, and they have broken my heart many times. But they are still my team.

When you just jump on a bandwagon, regardless of how long ago that was, it's pretty easy to change affiliation. I don't know if that's the case for you, but I know it's the case for many if not most of the Packer fans in Minnesota. And I also know what kind of fans I have more respect for.
    I was a fan of the Broncos through all the superbowl losses...so not a bandwagon fan. Also, I haven't paid for their stadium or lived in the state, but when my sister moved out there (she's a lot older) and I got to see all of that when I was young it made an impression. I think it is a bit silly to think a person doesn't have a personal connection with the team they cheer for. For me the Bison are #1 and my number #2 team (Broncos) who although are important are not even close. I always cheer for Bison players in the NFL no matter what team they play for...and even moreso Carson since he has so much more influence on the game. So by cheering for Carson I'm cheering for NDSU. If Carson would somehow make it to a superbowl, in a way that is like NDSU making it (to me at least).

It also doesn't help that the Vikings snub every Bison player. You can't tell me the needs never match up with what we have. IMHO they intentionally will not take our players.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

...that was a hell of a pass and a hell of a play by that DB to end the Eagles/Lions game. Can't help thinking if Carson had an NFL version of Legendowski, Vraa or Shepard that catch gets *made* or at very least they break it up.

Eagles receivers really aren't particularly good. Hopefully they get him some help this offseason. Still, he played great out there, and if Mathews doesn't give up that fumble, they have it mostly in the bag.