Page 1501 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 50110011401145114911499150015011502150315111551160120012501 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,010 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I see the latest "knock" on Carson is "wait until DC have film on him to game plan off of". Well IMO he has seen a lot of different defensive schemes already thrown at him. Let's remember he played at NDSU under a very similar if not identical offense. It seems like most people (except NDSU fans) seem to forget he has been in NFL type system for more then 5 years now. Not to mention his coaches, all 3 come from NFL QB backgrounds have no doubt seen just about every defensive scheme imaginable. He's already seen several in just the first 3 games and he and Philly's coaches have picked them apart.
    Well... Carson does have that "too good to be true" thing going on. There's always going to be skeptics, doubters, and haters. The moment he stumbles even a little bit, they'll be the first ones to point it out. But we all know that Carson will pick himself right up and come back even stronger.

More than anything, the doubters and the haters are a little bit comical to watch, because we all know they'll be eating crow.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Well... Carson does have that "too good to be true" thing going on. There's always going to be skeptics, doubters, and haters. The moment he stumbles even a little bit, they'll be the first ones to point it out. But we all know that Carson will pick himself right up and come back even stronger.

More than anything, the doubters and the haters are a little bit comical to watch, because we all know they'll be eating crow.
    Yeah I know. It's fun to watch him serve them the crow too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I see the latest "knock" on Carson is "wait until DC have film on him to game plan off of". Well IMO he has seen a lot of different defensive schemes already thrown at him. Let's remember he played at NDSU under a very similar if not identical offense. It seems like most people (except NDSU fans) seem to forget he has been in NFL type system for more then 5 years now. Not to mention his coaches, all 3 come from NFL QB backgrounds have no doubt seen just about every defensive scheme imaginable. He's already seen several in just the first 3 games and he and Philly's coaches have picked them apart.
    To cause him trouble the opposing team is going to have to confuse his o line and make them make the mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    To cause him trouble the opposing team is going to have to confuse his o line and make them make the mistakes
    The Eagles are probably losing their starting right tackle to suspension on Oct 4th so that won't help.

Default Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Vikes did it to Rodgers and got to CN in a huge way. Vikes D will be major test for CW. Hate to say it, but I'll be rooting for Vikes that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Vikes did it to Rodgers and got to CN in a huge way. Vikes D will be major test for CW. Hate to say it, but I'll be rooting for Vikes that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've rooted for the Vikes so many times when they have let me (and other fans) down. This game I am all in for Carson.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    I've rooted for the Vikes so many times when they have let me (and other fans) down. This game I am all in for Carson.
    Blair Walsh for the win..................NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    And when he beats them the excuse will be:

"Wait until he plays a team with a good defense AND isn't known for choking"

I don't think the film thing is necessarily a knock on CW because there is some truth to it. NFL Defenses only have 13 quarters of film on him against other NFL defenses if you count the preseason and for two of those the games were out of reach. He hasn't played a division game yet either, the 2nd time a D gets a shot at him/he gets a shot at a D will be interesting to watch too.

He's not going to go his entire career like these first 3 games. He's going to throw some picks and come back to earth a little bit, and when he does I'm sure there will a massive over correction in the hype train, but he's not paying attention to that and will be able to adapt his game, get over those bumps and settle in to a long successful NFL career I have no doubt.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I don't think the film thing is necessarily a knock on CW because there is some truth to it. NFL Defenses only have 13 quarters of film on him against other NFL defenses if you count the preseason and for two of those the games were out of reach. He hasn't played a division game yet either, the 2nd time a D gets a shot at him/he gets a shot at a D will be interesting to watch too.

He's not going to go his entire career like these first 3 games. He's going to throw some picks and come back to earth a little bit, and when he does I'm sure there will a massive over correction in the hype train, but he's not paying attention to that and will be able to adapt his game, get over those bumps and settle in to a long successful NFL career I have no doubt.
    So what does the 13 quarters of film reveal? He is doing some sort of magic that can be unveiled? It's all a trick and will be soon exposed and defeated? He doesn't really do film study, remember what he saw and can improvise against it? He plays with receivers that drop balls landing in their hands,... that is on CW? The center currently calls line protection, so it surely is possible that they get fooled leading to an overall bad game... but O-line play is not directly CW's responsibility at this time.

There is so much hope out there that CW fails .....it's too good to be true....
    Last edited by VirginiaBison; 09-28-2016 at 02:29 AM.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!