Page 1419 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 4199191319136914091417141814191420142114291469151919192419 ... LastLast
Results 14,181 to 14,190 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    How long did he have his finger up your ass?
    Half hour...that's normal right? Right?

Thats rather strange for a psych evail isnt it? Return appointment is to make sure the lithium levels are where they should be.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Great article about the most impressive throw in Carson's first game - and it wasn't either of the touchdowns.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...potential.html

"The dividing line between the Alex Smiths and Kirk Cousinses and the realm of the Andrew Lucks and Aaron Rodgerses and Ben Roethlisbergers is that throw. You can't will a ball to fly with that kind of force. In Newton's formulas, the G does not stand for gumption. Force does not equal mass times acceleration times the haters. A noodle arm is a noodle arm. You don't like that? The universe don't care.

Kevin Kolb goes bass fishing and doesn't shave, but he can't make that throw. Cousins is a leader of men, but he can't make that throw. Jared Goff is in street clothes, plus he can't make that throw."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Half hour...that's normal right? Right?
    be happy you have a good policy.

pretty sure most individual policies now get you a fist for an hour.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Great first game. I'm not surprised but Cleveland is a lower tier NFL team so we need to temper our expectations. There will be bumps in the road. The NFL has some amazing talent and coaching. They will figure out how to frustrate the rookie qb. However, CW will adjust and prevail in time. Also, the surrounding cast is good but not great so it won't be easy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Great first game. I'm not surprised but Cleveland is a lower tier NFL team so we need to temper our expectations. There will be bumps in the road. The NFL has some amazing talent and coaching. They will figure out how to frustrate the rookie qb. However, CW will adjust and prevail in time. Also, the surrounding cast is good but not great so it won't be easy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I didn't know much about the supporting cast until I looked up some of the guys after the game on Sunday. Sure I heard some of the names, but not always in a positive light. I didn't realize how young the skill guys on offense are. Ertz, 25; Agholor, 23; J. Matthews, 24; DGB, 23; and while the RBs are a bit older, they have a 5th round pick from the draft in Smallwood who is 22. It isn't just their youth that stands out, they have receivers who were high draft picks with highly touted skillsets. While this hasn't translated to consistent success on the field yet, they also now have a leader the team is vested in with a specific direction in mind. They will either sink or swim and they have the talent to swim. The offensive line isn't bad and how much can be attributed over the last couple of years to Kelly? A more traditional offense will allow the team to pursue more traditional linemen. I am guessing the ones they have are much more comfortable playing in a system designed to control the ball rather than running a 100 plays a game. They also went like 3 years without drafting any linemen. That focus will have to change.

Defense is hard to gauge because I am a firm believer Kelly ran them into the ground. They are pretty young, as well, anchored by 25 year old Fletcher Cox. They should look a lot better with an offense taking some pressure off by slowing the game down a bit.

I am not saying the Eagles have a Super Bowl roster or anything right now, but they don't look that bad. Good but not great is right on, like you said. There is a lot of potential there and the addition to stability at just one position like QB can drive young individuals, in particular, into defining their roles on a team. The nice thing is they aren't a overhaul away from being competitive and getting a couple of picks back from the Bradford trade helps them continue to build moving forward. I think CW, for being the #2 pick of the draft, is in as good of a position as anyone generally picked in that spot. While the Eagles gave up a lot to move up, their future is more promising with the talent they already had on the roster. The talent is there, it is just very young and hasn't fully developed. I wouldn't write off J. Matthews and Agholor as being finished products yet. Or Ertz for that matter.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have insurance , I dont need go to quacks like that dude
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Betting favorite for rookie of the year.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2..._of_the.html#0
    Looking good Billy Ray!

On ESPN this morning, Sal Paolantonio referred to Philly as "Carson City, Wentzylvania"...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)