Page 1417 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 4179171317136714071415141614171418141914271467151719172417 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,170 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    Guy should have checked his ego and converted to TE. He could have continued an NFL career that way. He would have never made it in the CFL with the arm he had. It's a pass heavy league with a larger field and most of the guys up there have cannons for an arm but have other things holding them back from being NFL quality. I think he knew that and his ego wouldn't allow himself to go up there.

The baseball thing is a smart move publicity wise. He got a big endorsement just because he was being talked about for attempting it. I think it is kind of disrespectful for the guys that actually are young and looking for the legit opportunity to fulfill their lifelong dream. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets beamed a couple times.
    I'm not sure Timmy was athletic enough to be a TE in the NFL. However, I think he could have made it as a FB.

He made Broncos' football fun to watch again after seeing Mike Shanahan become a stagnant coach when Gary Kubiak left and seeing Josh McDaniels literally destroy the team from within.
    Hail the BISON!!!

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    Guy should have checked his ego and converted to TE. He could have continued an NFL career that way. He would have never made it in the CFL with the arm he had. It's a pass heavy league with a larger field and most of the guys up there have cannons for an arm but have other things holding them back from being NFL quality. I think he knew that and his ego wouldn't allow himself to go up there.

The baseball thing is a smart move publicity wise. He got a big endorsement just because he was being talked about for attempting it. I think it is kind of disrespectful for the guys that actually are young and looking for the legit opportunity to fulfill their lifelong dream. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets beamed a couple times.
    Tebow did make 9.6 million in the NFL and I'm sure he made a ton on endorsements. I think he's fairly set financially. If he wanted to pursue being TE he most likely has to take a league minimum contract and then hope it works out.

Also, maybe the dude can't catch and maybe he knows that.

The point of this? The Eagles have loved Wentz for a long, long time. They think he has a huge upside. I, personally, think Wentz is the stud of studs. I’ve seen ‘em all here since 1985, and Wentz has a chance to better than Jaws and better than Randall and better than Donovan and better than, well, all of them. The kid is a football player. He isn’t going to celebrity birthday parties. He isn’t wearing gold-tipped shoelaces. He isn’t listening to critics. He’s isn’t into the fame. He isn’t going to ever be a problem off the field.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...d-carson-wentz

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Lardsin must go!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Comparing Eagles passing concepts to NDSU ones.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/vi...8-02af6975977f
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Pucknut, can't help but think that you were with Carson after the game. Did you go out for supper? Fan encounters? Reaction when Carson walks in the room? Details, please.

Carson is sure getting a lot of outside pressures and high expectations placed on his shoulders. I really hope he filters it our, or doesn't even read all this stuff.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think he's a little pissed that he will have less time to hunt this fall.
    "The bird is in your hand"

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Carson is sure getting a lot of outside pressures and high expectations placed on his shoulders. I really hope he filters it our, or doesn't even read all this stuff.
    Carson has mentioned many times the support system he has with his family, and also his close personal relationship he has with The Lord. If there's anyone that can handle whatever is thrown his way, it's Carson. He is different, but he's different on purpose. To me, it's what makes the Carson Wentz story that much better.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Tebow did make 9.6 million in the NFL and I'm sure he made a ton on endorsements. I think he's fairly set financially. If he wanted to pursue being TE he most likely has to take a league minimum contract and then hope it works out.

Also, maybe the dude can't catch and maybe he knows that.
    What gives you the impression he knows he can't catch? He still hasn't figured out he can't throw.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie