Page 1411 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 4119111311136114011409141014111412141314211461151119112411 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,110 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Feels great right now, and most of us will always be in the Carson camp. But there will be inevitable ups and downs. Key thing is to enjoy the ride. And right now, the ride is good, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Feels great right now, and most of us will always be in the Carson camp. But there will be inevitable ups and downs. Key thing is to enjoy the ride. And right now, the ride is good, very good.
    I'm already preparing myself emotionally just in case Wentz isn't the Super Bowl MVP in his rookie year. Although its more of a backup plan kinda like researching airline cancellation policies for flights to Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Now, that's what I call "Can't Miss" humor....and awesomeness!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Carson made some really nice throws while I was watching nothing bad stood out to my untrained eye. Only one throw he under threw or misplaced and they ended up having to kick field goal that I saw that stood out as a mistake.

He looked very composed to me. Took a couple hard hits still able to get the passes out. Another time he started scrambling and slipped and defender was almost to him he had the presence of mind to throw it out of bounds.

I wouldn't consider Browns defense fantastic but looked like they were doing "ok" to me their offense really sucked though.

The 2nd TD pass was a thing of beauty receiver never had to slow down and just dropped it right in his hands.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    The 3rd down play before the one FG, he overthrew the receiver in the corner of the enzone. Two feet lower and it would have been another TD, as the defender wasn't looking around. But also on that play, unless I'm confusing it with some other game, there was an open receiver on that side, just out of the endzone and no defender really close to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    The 3rd down play before the one FG, he overthrew the receiver in the corner of the enzone. Two feet lower and it would have been another TD, as the defender wasn't looking around. But also on that play, unless I'm confusing it with some other game, there was an open receiver on that side, just out of the endzone and no defender really close to him.
    Think he was placing that ball so Matthews would need to jump to get it but he stumbled and couldn't go after the ball.

I watched the entire condensed game last night; couple thoughts:

1. Those TD throws were a couple of the best balls I've seen Carson throw. Right up there with the Shep UNI TD and the two deep outs he threw at SDSU on a line, and the classic PO Legendowski catch against SDSU.
    2. He did have a couple plays where he was slow coming off his first read, but he is a rookie for cripes sake.
    3. Zach Erntz is a beast. I hope his ribs heal quick. He has serious chemistry with Wentz and it shows.
    4. Wentz looked in complete command of the offense.
    5. His O-line still has serious issues that need to be fixed.

One comment on RGIII. I actually feel a little bad for him. The play that injured him, he was trying to be safe and get out of bounds, but he was bracketed by an eagle on the sideline. Sadly, his old instincts took over where he should have slid. Game was not in doubt, so really a poor time to be hero. He did not play horribly, and on one long run, he showed flashes of the old RGIII.

I know it's one game but how do the Rams not try to throw Goff in there as soon as possible? Keenam was garbage last night. There was one play he had last night that was just like Carson's 4th down throw but it was executed drastically different. Blitz came right up the middle, Keenam panic'd, backpedaled and threw the ball at the feet of his hot read. I wonder how many Rams fans were watching last nights game and wondering how bad Goff must be if he can't beat out that guy?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I know it's one game but how do the Rams not try to throw Goff in there as soon as possible? Keenam was garbage last night. There was one play he had last night that was just like Carson's 4th down throw but it was executed drastically different. Blitz came right up the middle, Keenam panic'd, backpedaled and threw the ball at the feet of his hot read. I wonder how many Rams fans were watching last nights game and wondering how bad Goff must be if he can't beat out that guy?
    Both teams that passed on Wentz look pretty foolish after one game. Rams aren't willing to play their number one overall selection over Keenam who put on that terrible performance last night. My god, how bad does Goff look in practice? Then the Browns got dissected by Wentz in person during his first ever NFL start, while their HC is making comments in the media predicting Wentz won't amount to anything, and doubles down after the drubbing of his team saying it was only one game. Then comes the completely expected news that RG3 is injured and out for the majority of the season which has to completely blow up whatever Cleveland's plan was for this season and the near future.

Meanwhile the Eagles cash in on MNs bad luck and get a first and fourth round pick for Bradford which takes a lot of the edge off what they gave up to move into position to draft Wentz who just had one of the best rookie QB starts of all time.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I wonder how many Rams fans were watching last nights game and wondering how bad Goff must be if he can't beat out that guy?
    Well, here's one: a buddy, life-long Rams fan from Ca, who followed Carson because of my interest. He was disappointed Rams took Goff over him. Our text exchange from the game (me in green)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wow what a couple of huge bullets dodged. The Rams and Browns couldn't possibly look any more foolish at this point.