Page 1379 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 3798791279132913691377137813791380138113891429147918792379 ... LastLast
Results 13,781 to 13,790 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by GradBison View Post
    Do local affiliates have control over which out of market game they show?
    Most of the time they do. Because of that you see a lot of Green Bay and Denver games traditionally. My guess is we will see a lot of Eagle games this year. I compared the Vikes and Philly schedules and we could see as many as 13 games on TV. The other 3 are when the vikes and eagles play at the same time on Fox.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    If the Rams need a 3rd quarterback, they're going to use their punter.
    BRB adding their punter to my fantasy team.
    The fella that watches the CFL

One of the Hasslebecks on ESPN implied that Wentz was usually throwing to wide-open receivers so Goff is more ready to start from a passing perspective. Nevermind all the other stuff like audibles, reading defenses, taking a snap directly from the center...
    It's OK to not be OK.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    One of the Hasslebecks on ESPN implied that Wentz was usually throwing to wide-open receivers so Goff is more ready to start from a passing perspective. Nevermind all the other stuff like audibles, reading defenses, taking a snap directly from the center...
    This whole draft process has exposed how much analysts don't know about the rookies they are talking about. I have a read a couple of analysts say Wentz played in a shotgun heavy offense.
    The fella that watches the CFL

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GradBison View Post
    Do local affiliates have control over which out of market game they show?
    That's what I was wondering. If this is the case, they may as well show Philly games all season long on.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Most of the time they do. Because of that you see a lot of Green Bay and Denver games traditionally. My guess is we will see a lot of Eagle games this year. I compared the Vikes and Philly schedules and we could see as many as 13 games on TV. The other 3 are when the vikes and eagles play at the same time on Fox.
    Redzone. Redzone. Redzone.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Safe to say I have never had a family member on my fantasy football team. Got Carson in round 13 last night.
    He didn't even make it past round 11 in two of my re-draft leagues. Lasted till 13 in one, and then I picked him up as free agent in the one that drafted a couple weeks ago and is primarily Montana Washington folks in that league. I did pull the trigger at #2 overall in a dynasty league rookie draft. With all my leagues being mainly Fargo/NDSU people it's either over draft him or pass on him. I got him in 2 of 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Saw that too... it was a horribly misinformed 90 seconds of TV. He had his fair share of open receivers but look at the game winner to Shepherd against UNI last year, look at his throws against JSU coming off a 3 month layoff, look at his game winner to RJ against SDSU in the 2014 playoffs, look at the title game winning drive against Illinois St... and I could go on.

Then they said something about how tucking and running the ball could get him into trouble because that's how he got hurt. Nevermind that all 3 injuries he's had the last couple years (ankle vs Montana, wrist vs USD, and ribs vs Tampa Bay) have all come on passing plays.

I really really hope he does well on Sunday because if he doesn't the misinformed takes saying "see, I told you he couldn't make the jump from 'D2' to the NFL" will get even louder and more prevalent... nevermind completely ignorant of the fact that almost all big school QBs have struggled when thrown out there as the week 1 starter in their rookie seasons.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How the Eagles GM fell in love with Carson Wentz [old news here, but] - The video at the break - Restaurant Scene - is very good.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...h-carson-wentz
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=Professor Chaos;1147742]Saw that too... it was a horribly misinformed 90 seconds of TV. He had his fair share of open receivers but look at the game winner to Shepherd against UNI last year, look at his throws against JSU coming off a 3 month layoff, look at his game winner to RJ against SDSU in the 2014 playoffs, look at the title game winning drive against Illinois St... and I could go on.

Then they said something about how tucking and running the ball could get him into trouble because that's how he got hurt. Nevermind that all 3 injuries he's had the last couple years (ankle vs Montana, wrist vs USD, and ribs vs Tampa Bay) have all come on passing plays.

I really really hope he does well on Sunday because if he doesn't the misinformed takes saying "see, I told you he couldn't make the jump from 'D2' to the NFL" will get even louder and more prevalent... nevermind completely ignorant of the fact that almost all big school QBs have struggled when thrown out there as the week 1 starter in their rookie seasons.[/QUOTE/]

I hope he does well too. But you said it best, people can be misinformed. And I pay zero attention to those people or what they have to say. We all know Carson and who he is and what he's all about. If he struggles, he's going to work even harder to get better. He's not going to listen to the negativity, he's going to allow himself to be coached and find ways to improve. I know my half glass full attitude might get old to some of you after a while, but I would just much rather look at the positives in most situations if I'm able to. Regardless of what happens on Sunday, Carson will have an NFL start under his belt, how awesome is that?!!! As long as his team and the Philly organization continue to support Carson, then that's all I really care about.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1