Page 1350 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 3508501250130013401348134913501351135213601400145018502350 ... LastLast
Results 13,491 to 13,500 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Glad Carson came out alive considering who he had out there.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...rce=teamstream
    What the author of that article failed to do was identify the players that were on defense for Tampa Bay for that play. Instead, he hammers Pedersen for having 10 scrubs out there.

With 7:22 to play, Wentz was hit in the ribs (helmet first) my Texas Tech undrafted free agent Micah Awe. Only guessing but, I would imagine that the Buc's top veterans and defensive draft picks were not in the game late in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Glad Carson came out alive considering who he had out there.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...rce=teamstream
    What the author of that article failed to do was identify the players that were on defense for Tampa Bay for that play. Instead, he hammers Pedersen for having 10 scrubs out there.

With 7:22 to play, Wentz was hit in the ribs (helmet first) my Texas Tech undrafted free agent Micah Awe. Only guessing but, I would imagine that the Buc's top veterans and defensive draft picks were not in the game late in the 4th quarter.

I took it as playing with the 3rd or 4th string is more likely to have a team mate have a brain fart(forget to move on the snap) and let the D have a free shot at the qb. Do you really want to take that chance with the 2nd pick? Also, what is the point in running read option?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post

Valid point, but if it's scrubs on scrubs probably best to not have the second pick of the draft standing in the center of all that. Even if the rushers are UDFAs giving them free shots at your 20 mil rookie doesn't make good business sense.

I think his point is valid that the depth chart should not necessarily dictate who plays when and with which string during the preseason.
    Last edited by EC8CH; 08-17-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post

Any defense has a huge advantage over a cobbled-together offensive line. It doesn't take any technique at all to run, unblocked and untouched, straight to the QB and stick your helmet into his ribs - any MVFC starter at that position could have made the play. Plus, I'm not even sure it was 44 that caused the injury... it might have been the knee of the guy rushing from the other side who came in at the end of the play because they weren't blocking anybody.

It was definitely the hit by Awe that caused the rib injury.
    It was a poor offensive set.............NO tight end on either side of the LOS. It was an easy read for Awe

Certainly not defending the Eagle's decision to have Carson in there at that point of the game. Just pointing out the bias in the article.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bradford played the first half tonight. Played very well, IMO. Definitely the most accurate passer on the Eagles. If Bradford goes down, IMO, Wentz is definitely the best option behind him. Daniels is pretty mediocre in almost every aspect. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wentz starts the season third with the injury tho.

Uncle Puck is probably giddy over this picture.

The North Dakota connection.

@NHLFlyers head coach Dave Hakstol chats with @cj_wentz. #FlyEaglesFly https://t.co/MDFBAAy6hl
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

@NHLFlyers head coach Dave Hakstol chats with @cj_wentz. #FlyEaglesFly https://t.co/MDFBAAy6hl
    who is worth more?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

I must admit I thought it was pretty cool. Carson played the game and still enjoys it.