Page 1340 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 3408401240129013301338133913401341134213501390144018402340 ... LastLast
Results 13,391 to 13,400 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Hate to say it, but sounds like you guys are making a lot of excuses for what sounds like relatively poor play/passes by Carson. He needs to step it up.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Might be a little of that, but honestly he did a lot of good things. I am not a QB coach but outside of the interception he did smart things with the ball, made what looked to me to be the right reads, and managed to keep a couple of busted ass plays alive (one of which *should* have been a first down if the receiver had been smart enough to be one yard further down field) and got rid of it when he had to. One of his run plays was really good, the other one proved that yes, NFL DBs are gonna hit harder then college.

His OLine was not so great either, he took a bit of a beating out there to get done what he did.

So, I'd give him a B-, if I was grading him. But I didn't see a kid who was completely out of his depth out there. His throws need to be better and he needs to avoid sailing them. His receivers could do him a few more favors too.

Default Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Did you watch? I saw 2 legit bad throws out of 24 and multiple drops by the recievers. He was under a good deal of pressure. If anyone needs to step it up, it's the o-line and wrs.
    No, didn't watch, but several posts suggested he must be "excited", and that's why he over threw receivers, etc. Inconsistency has been mentioned in his camp drills as well, but ... whatever.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

From my biased opinion, outside a few mistakes, I felt Carson looked like he belongs in the NFL. As far as some of his lineman and receivers, not so much and don't expect them to make it past practice squad at best. I don't what depth chart were the guys he played with, but he didn't get the opportunity that Chase Daniels got with better players and Chase looked out of place from the few series I saw him play.

Too bad he wasn't playing with the support that Paxton Lynch had tonight with Denver. Then again, it's a good thing Philly wasn't playing Denver tonight either.
    Hail the BISON!!!

No, didn't watch, but several posts suggested he must be "excited", and that's why he over threw receivers, etc. Inconsistency has been mentioned in his camp drills as well, but ... whatever.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Part of the excited look was due to his offensive line looking like Missouri State's playing NDSU's defense.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    Might be a little of that, but honestly he did a lot of good things. I am not a QB coach but outside of the interception he did smart things with the ball, made what looked to me to be the right reads, and managed to keep a couple of busted ass plays alive (one of which *should* have been a first down if the receiver had been smart enough to be one yard further down field) and got rid of it when he had to. One of his run plays was really good, the other one proved that yes, NFL DBs are gonna hit harder then college.

His OLine was not so great either, he took a bit of a beating out there to get done what he did.

So, I'd give him a B-, if I was grading him. But I didn't see a kid who was completely out of his depth out there. His throws need to be better and he needs to avoid sailing them. His receivers could do him a few more favors too.
    If you look at that pass again, where he had to roll out right, because of the blitzers, the receiver was actually on the first down line, but Wentz's pass was just a little wide and short of the sticks and the receiver had to come back a yard or two and more towards the sideline to get it.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Yeah whatever....lol

It was his first NFL game and playing with third stringers. He did some good things and some bad things. Just like every rookie in his first game.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story
    Read this. Future looks good

The first link reminds me of my seats from Mile High:

Hail the BISON!!!

One Eagles Forum with a couple hundred posts I was reading, they thought Wentz looked pretty good for a rookie in his first action. They seemed excited for the future. Their collective analysis was that he wasn't ready to start, but he was far better than Chase Daniel and should be number two.