Page 1304 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 3048041204125412941302130313041305130613141354140418042304 ... LastLast
Results 13,031 to 13,040 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Looked up that twitter account, and all I got to say is, "Wow."
    Every fandom has one...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    If Bradford gets hurt then doesn't Chase Daniel become the starter? Carson would be dressing then, but does he for sure play? I agree though, he'll probably end up playing during the season, but I still like the idea of him sitting as much as possible.
    I like the idea of being able to sit until he's ready, but there's only so much you can learn holding a clipboard. If Bradford doesn't have a career year and has the Eagles at least in the hunt for the playoffs, Wentz will play, IMHO. I'm not even sure he won't win the job outright before the season.

I don't know which post to respond to, so this is to a lot of them. There is a difference between being ready to play and being better than Bradford. I don't want CW to play just because he is better than Bradford. I want him to play because he is ready for the NFL. There is a lot of evidence showing it is a tough league on rookie QBs. There has been a lot more success for guys who have had a chance to get eased into it a little more at that position. If he is ready to compete at the NFL level, then by all means put him out there. If he is simply just better than Bradford and the Eagles are not in a position to make a lot of noise, let CW learn as much as he can before you throw him to the wolves. I want the scenario that gives him the best long term success. I do think, like BisonTru, if the Eagles are in the playoff hunt and CW gives them the best chance of winning, we could see him earlier rather than later. There just isn't a whole lot of situations where you risk setting back your future without being sure the time is right. Coaches get paid a lot of money to protect the best interest of the ball club, as well.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see it as the Eagle are not ready to play Wentz because they don't have the supporting cast in place yet. They want to roll out (unleash) the whole package at one time, not piecemeal. Wentz may be ready to go, but the GM wants the OL and WR in place to make it work. The OL, RB, WR, TE, etc. are still a work in progress. Wentz will see playing time this year in pre-season, but I would not expect much in regular season unless #1 or #2 or both get sidelined for some reason that allows him to be "active".

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I see it as the Eagle are not ready to play Wentz because they don't have the supporting cast in place yet. They want to roll out (unleash) the whole package at one time, not piecemeal. Wentz may be ready to go, but the GM wants the OL and WR in place to make it work. The OL, RB, WR, TE, etc. are still a work in progress. Wentz will see playing time this year in pre-season, but I would not expect much in regular season unless #1 or #2 or both get sidelined for some reason that allows him to be "active".
    Why do you need to roll everything out at once? Plus, the Eagles have possibly the best tackle duo in the NFL. They've got a solid WR in Matthews and two solid TEs. They need to find a RB or combination of a committee at that position and some #2, #3 WRs, but they are far from a bare closet. Remember the Eagles were picking number 2 because they traded up to get it. They were a middle of the pack team last year.

Why do they need to roll out everything at once? ... Not my idea. Its what the GM has suggested. They don't NEED to roll out anything, but then they didn't need to sign Bradford or Daniels either. The GM appears to have a plan and he is sticking to it. A lot of folks don't believe it; don't think the Eagles will be able to stick to it; or think its a dumb approach to draft #2 and then sit the guy. Do you read the Philly forums? Do you have inside intel that says they are going to do something other than what they have saying publically since the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Why do they need to roll out everything at once? ... Not my idea. Its what the GM has suggested. They don't NEED to roll out anything, but then they didn't need to sign Bradford or Daniels either. The GM appears to have a plan and he is sticking to it. A lot of folks don't believe it; don't think the Eagles will be able to stick to it; or think its a dumb approach to draft #2 and then sit the guy. Do you read the Philly forums? Do you have inside intel that says they are going to do something other than what they have saying publically since the draft?
    Do you have a link of Howie's roll it all out at once plan?

GMs say all kinds of stuff to temper the fans. You can't have a set in stone master plan, because you can't know how things are going to play out. Wentz could be a bust. Bradford was signed before Howie even knew he could get up high enough to draft a top rookie QB. And you know that Howie and Elway had talks about Bradford. Neither will admit that, but it happened. They just couldn't agree on a price. Bottom line decisions are going to start to be made in preseason. Anything before that is just talk to keep us fans at bay.

Carson Wentz And The Small School QB Glass Ceiling:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathan.../#4d94479843e4

Mike and Mike talked Carson today. This time Kannel said Carson did not play D1......not sure why the grates on me so bad.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Mike and Mike talked Carson today. This time Kannel said Carson did not play D1......not sure why the grates on me so bad.
    Maybe because you hear it intimated so often by a certain element on these very threads?