Page 1281 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 2817811181123112711279128012811282128312911331138117812281 ... LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,810 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think the former Bisons name is Shawn Fredricks? I guess when he played there was a lack of championships and some would consider that a down period. When asked by a reporter what did they have to play for during that period
    he said---BISON PRIDE.

The culture never goes away for the players. For many fans its just a cliche.
    Good post for perspective.

I can only imagine the feeling of being a part of that culture as an athlete. Even as a longtime fan, I am not ashamed to say that the Bison culture sometimes makes me a bit verklempt. Our sayings like "Once a Bison, Always a Bison," and "For the strength of the herd is the Bison and the strength of the Bison is the herd" have been know to bring a tear to my eye at the underlying significance. Powerful stuff that not many programs and teams out there truly get.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I don't believe the culture ever "went away," but it could be argued that it was muted a bit by some of the leadership for parts of the 90s.

I don't have inside knowledge, but get the impression that Babich didn't ever fully embody the NDSU culture. Pretty confident that Entzion didn't.
    Or the watering down of DII with scholarship reductions.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    BINGO! That brought us back to the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    If you can't beat them, then make them join you!!!
    Hail the BISON!!!

No major news here, but another Wentz article:

Wentz and Eagles to resume workouts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Carson first game will be at home vs Atlanta Falcons on 11-13. Eagles will be 2-6 or 3-5 at the time with a tough remaining schedule. Carson leads them to a 29-27 victory. The Eagles bye week is week 4. Eagles finish the year at 8-8 or 9-7 with Carson leading the way 2nd half of the year.
    Hoping it's the Vikes game he starts. Bunch of my family are planning on flying out for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I don't believe the culture ever "went away," but it could be argued that it was muted a bit by some of the leadership for parts of the 90s.

I don't have inside knowledge, but get the impression that Babich didn't ever fully embody the NDSU culture. Pretty confident that Entzion didn't.

One big thing that happened was we started getting the injury bug. We were ranked numero uno when Beachey went down. And one year in there we had 4 or 5 season ending injuries early in the season. Then the year we were on schedule to win a natty and in the game against Omaha (I believe it was) we win big, but lose our 1 and 2 QB's to ACLs. Then have to go play in a quagmire the next week. And was that the year the NCAA screwed us and sent us on the road to a lower ranked team? We should have had at least one playoff game in the Dome there. Was just a string of bad luck there for awhile....and the schollies.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Hoping it's the Vikes game he starts. Bunch of my family are planning on flying out for the game.
    Hmm.... That seems like the worst game to go to. I know you're a Vikes fan, not sure about the rest of your family. I hope you guys are decked out in green. I don't know what Philly fans would do if they found out that Wentz' family is in front of them and they are going for the Vikes.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Hmm.... That seems like the worst game to go to. I know you're a Vikes fan, not sure about the rest of your family. I hope you guys are decked out in green. I don't know what Philly fans would do if they found out that Wentz' family is in front of them and they are going for the Vikes.
    Family comes first. Eagles gear will be on. Can't believe you would think otherwise.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Family comes first. Eagles gear will be on. Can't believe you would think otherwise.
    Why not a hockey jersey?