Page 1279 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 2797791179122912691277127812791280128112891329137917792279 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,790 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    You fucking morons act like NDSU didn't have a team during that period. They won multiple conference championships and had multiple deep playoff runs. Produced some really good players like Lamar Gordon. They were also ranked #1 in the country several times. They were still very much so a relevant program. Definitely have never sunk to the low of lows that is UND football.

Why don't you go back to Sioux Sports and get the hypothetical playoff thread going or pump the hype about the recruits you guys got over powerhouse teams like Bemidji State.
    I think we beat UND in the playoffs during that stretch too. We would have competed for another Natty had Arden Beachey not blown out his knee. We also had a year we went deep into the playoffs with our 3rd string QB. Although we didn't win a National Championship during that stretch, we were certainly a solid program to say the least.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think we beat UND in the playoffs during that stretch too. We would have competed for another Natty had Arden Beachey not blown out his knee. We also had a year we went deep into the playoffs with our 3rd string QB. Although we didn't win a National Championship during that stretch, we were certainly a solid program to say the least.
    If we are thinking of the same year...he didn't win a game in the playoffs. Nor did the backup.
    College of Business Alumnus

I might have missed it, but I didn't see this article posted here yet:

Carson Wentz receives rare effusive praise from anonymous scouts

Interesting perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    If we are thinking of the same year...he didn't win a game in the playoffs. Nor did the backup.
    He's thinking of 2000...we lost two qb's in the playoff win against Nebraska Omaha and then lost to Delta St. That's all I have to say on that.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I'm not trying to stick up for bigund but I think he's referring to our "down" years as us being owned by UND in the regular season, which also corresponds to their national championship runs. While, yes we did have several #1 rankings and a couple of deep playoff runs, it's considered a dark time in NDSU football history because we consistently lost to UN_ from the mid-90's to early 00's, we didn't win any natty's during that time, in fact we didn't' even have any home playoff games. Compare that to what we were just coming off of and those years were a huge disappointment even if our overall record wasn't that bad.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    He's thinking of 2000...we lost two qb's in the playoff win against Nebraska Omaha and then lost to Delta St. That's all I have to say on that.
    My dad took me and one of my sisters on a fan bus to that game. Fun times.
    College of Business Alumnus

We also lost our AD on that trip. Thankfully, that lost turned into a big win as we got Gene Taylor in return.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Carson first game will be at home vs Atlanta Falcons on 11-13. Eagles will be 2-6 or 3-5 at the time with a tough remaining schedule. Carson leads them to a 29-27 victory. The Eagles bye week is week 4. Eagles finish the year at 8-8 or 9-7 with Carson leading the way 2nd half of the year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    We also lost our AD on that trip.
    Wrong (Dwight Scrute voice). You miss things that were lost.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Wrong (Dwight Scrute voice). You miss things that were lost.
    Like Rocky Hager?
    Hail the BISON!!!