Page 1277 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 2777771177122712671275127612771278127912871327137717772277 ... LastLast
Results 12,761 to 12,770 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Its not going to surprise me one bit if he wins the job going into Week 1
    I don't think he is ready yet, he will get snaps this year but I don't see him #1 yet...could be wrong though
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

They would look pretty foolish to pay Bradford that kind of money to have him start the year sitting on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    They would look pretty foolish to pay Bradford that kind of money to have him start the year sitting on the bench.
    Carson wants the job and he wants it bad. If he's the better one in camp and it's obvious to all they start him. Someone's team will be desperate for a QB because of injury and I can see Bradford going elsewhere. Probably a longshot but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Carson wants the job and he wants it bad. If he's the better one in camp and it's obvious to all they start him. Someone's team will be desperate for a QB because of injury and I can see Bradford going elsewhere. Probably a longshot but time will tell.
    You're assuming Bradford wont be hurt by then already....

There is no way bradford makes it through the season healthy IMO. to quote Randy Travis, Its just a matter of time.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Carson's great, but I just have to wonder how much of this pro-CW stuff coming out of the Philly media is really anti-SB stuff in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    I want Carson to play and start showing off right away but the Eagles need Bradford to win the job and perform well. It would be a great opportunity to get some draft picks back if they trade him after a successful 2016 season. There will be a lot of teams looking for long term solutions at QB after this season and a good year by Bradford means everyone wins. The Eagles will get draft picks to build around their QB of the future who just spent a year learning. If Bradford loses his job, his value drops like a brick. I think the Eagles have been gambling on a good year from Bradford to set this all up to work in their favor for both the short and long term. A good year by Bradford probably means the playoffs and great trade value with a one year contract left the gaining team can work with. Now you have a playoff team, a return of draft picks, and your franchise QB with a year of learning under him.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Why?

They signed Bradford for basically a one year deal with a team option for year two. They didn't commit long term to Bradford, and if Wentz wins the job let him roll. Bradford is a great insurance policy if Wentz isn't ready, and really they didn't plan it all out that way. When they signed Bradford they didn't have a quarterback and were picking 13th.

Combine that with next year's QB draft class predicted to be very sparse, you know Leidner burning up the charts and all.

Eagle want a successful year from Bradford for their plan to be the most successful.

That said Carson should be shooting for the starting job ASAP, even if it's not the Eagles master plan. Wouldn't expect anything less from him.

That's expensive term insurance.

Bet they'd rather get some capital out of their investment when his contract is up, and the more the better. The better Bradford plays this year the better it is for him and the Eagles no matter where he is playing next year.

They wanted 2 second round picks for him this year and couldn't get it. Maybe next year they do?

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You play whoever gives you the best chance to win. Three coaches got fired last year after their first year on the job. Playing a quarterback just to try and improve his trade stock is foolish. Also, playing Bradford could hurt more than it helps. If he plays poorly and/or gets hurt that will tank his stock quicker than letting him rest on the bench. The NFL for the most part knows what Bradford is. He's a decent starting quarterback with above average accuracy, but has some serious injury concerns. There will still be a market if he's healthy. Another blown ACL and he may quickly move into the untradable category.