Page 1236 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 2367361136118612261234123512361237123812461286133617362236 ... LastLast
Results 12,351 to 12,360 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...with-no-1-pick
    "Coach Fisher?" he said. "I live in North Dakota, and I'm a huge North Dakota State fan. I've been to all five of their national championship games, and I love Carson Wentz. I just want to let you know that I hope you're gonna draft him, and if you do, I'll be a Ram fan for life."

Fisher nodded and gave a stoic grin. Then, in an ode to the FCS school where his son, Brandon, was a standout linebacker from 2005 to '09, the coach said to the young man, "Let me ask you a question. How come you guys could never beat Montana?"

Having sufficiently busted his guest's chops, Fisher proceeded to end the conversation on a friendly note. After the North Dakotan went back to his table, Fisher said softly, "He's going to be disappointed tomorrow."
    So, Fisher's a butthurt Griz fan with a distorted view of history. I pray whoever this Bison fan was he gladly reminded him of the absolute shell shocking the Griz took in the Fargodome. The one that made your defensive coordinator gladly bounce out of Missoula to head to Bozeman.

BTW- Silver and Fisher, Brandon was a meh linebacker who played on the last decent Griz team that choked another championship down their leg to Villanova. Also, you should have scouted the wildcats their QB is just as good as Goff.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post

So, Fisher's a butthurt Griz fan with a distorted view of history. I pray whoever this Bison fan was he gladly reminded him of the absolute shell shocking the Griz took in the Fargodome. The one that made your defensive coordinator gladly bounce out of Missoula to head to Bozeman.

BTW- Silver and Fisher, Brandon was a meh linebacker who played on the last decent Griz team that choked another championship down their leg to Villanova. Also, you should have scouted the wildcats their QB is just as good as Goff.
    What does he mean the Bison couldn't beat the Griz? Apparently Mr. 8-8 forgot all about the absolute ass kicking playoff beat down the Griz got in December.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post

Have to say, I did not get the NDSU/Montana thing either. We blast them twice, including a PO game, and only the one last in Montana on the last second. UN_ confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Have to say, I did not get the NDSU/Montana thing either. We blast them twice, including a PO game, and only the one last in Montana on the last second. UN_ confusion?
    I would have asked Mr. 8-8 why Cal couldn't beat the other 23 teams it played against during Goff's tenure as a 14-23 starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    We've figured it out. These morons have been scouting Studsrud.

Go Iggles!

BTW- Jeff, I think you're going to be a little disappointed in the future.

So, apparently Mr Fisher doesn't really do his homework. What a big guy he is.
    Perhaps this type of belittling fans is what made him so loved in StL.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    You're referring to the guy who was the #2 overall pick? While annoying to see/hear over and over again, the "played against lower competition" label didn't really matter.
    If that wasn't an issue he would have gone #1 overall no questions asked. Instead he had to prove himself 10X more than any other prospect in this draft because of the FCS label. It really is remarkable that he absolutely crushed home run after home run throughout the entire process without so much as blinking.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gotta say, while I hope for the best for Goff, I couldn't care less for the Rams. I'm pretty happy Carson is an Eagle. Most of the fans seem to like him so far and watching that phone call in the Eagles war room gave me all the confidence in the world that Philly will be a good place for Carson. The coaches were absolutely giddy and seemed to have trouble containing their excitement. You could tell Wentz was their guy all along. It was no coincidence that the Eagles traded up after reports of Wentz to Rams changed to Goff to Rams.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think Carson has any intentions of watching from the bench for very long.

I was just reading some Philly sports blog that said that when Carson was overheard asking one of his people if it would be possible to come back Monday (today). Since after the draft is considered a break from all the events leading up to the draft and before the first rookie camp the guy looked confused and asked him why he wanted to come back already on Monday. Carson told him, "there's a lot of work to do."

I'll try to find that story again.

I think he's hoping to meet up with Goff and Mr. Fisher in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    I don't think Carson has any intentions of watching from the bench for very long.

I was just reading some Philly sports blog that said that when Carson was overheard asking one of his people if it would be possible to come back Monday (today). Since after the draft is considered a break from all the events leading up to the draft and before the first rookie camp the guy looked confused and asked him why he wanted to come back already on Monday. Carson told him, "there's a lot of work to do."

I'll try to find that story again.

I think he's hoping to meet up with Goff and Mr. Fisher in the playoffs.
    I think we might need to be a little patient with Philly. Their current QB just signed a 35 million dollar contract, refuses to compete, and isn't picking up their phone calls. Carson's hard work earn it attitude might be foreign territory for these guys.