Page 1235 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 2357351135118512251233123412351236123712451285133517352235 ... LastLast
Results 12,341 to 12,350 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Not sure but he says it about 10 times in a 3 minute stretch. I think I may listen to too many of his interviews but it's very repetitive.
    What's repetitive is all the same questions he's been asked for the last 4 months. He's run out of ways to say the same thing.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Congrats to Carson. I look forward to watching him play at Philadelphia.

I am glad Carson got picked by P rather than by LA, even though I think we were all hoping Carson would be picked first. Philadelphia will be a better fit for Carson than LA, IMO, for a lot of reasons. One: LA's head coach - Fisher - hired Williams as a defensive coach - the coach who was let go by New Orleans after his suspension for encouraging his players to target opposing players and try to injure them. I watched Favre (as a Viking) get beat up by New Orleans in the National Conference Title game and it was clear to me the New Orleans players were trying to hurt him (late hits, how they were hitting him, etc), and I was frustrated with the refs for not calling the players on it. Last year, the Rams had some bad press for excessive force once again by Williams coached players. Culturally I don't see Carson or fomer Bison in general fitting into this culture and ethic.

Why all of a sudden should he change? Let Carson be Carson. If he gets Philly to win that is all they will care about.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    The NFL is very good at finding you regardless of level.
    To some extent. Helps to be determined, persistent, etc. Take the Fargo South grad, former Concordia-Moorhead QB, played in Europe for awhile, got signed by New Orleans this spring. No way would the NFL have found him. He got himself in front of them in a tryout and made the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    You're referring to the guy who was the #2 overall pick? While annoying to see/hear over and over again, the "played against lower competition" label didn't really matter.
    Ultimately because it was Philly it didn't really matter. If it were another team in that spot it may very well have made a difference. There were several reports that Cleveland wanted Goff in part for that reason.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Why all of a sudden should he change? Let Carson be Carson. If he gets Philly to win that is all they will care about.
    Wasn't suggesting he should change.
    Just saying the team (and LA for that matter) don't seem as good a fit culturally and ethically. And there would be pressure to change and compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    What's repetitive is all the same questions he's been asked for the last 4 months. He's run out of ways to say the same thing.
    That, I absolutely agree with.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Wasn't suggesting he should change.
    Just saying the team (and LA for that matter) don't seem as good a fit culturally and ethically. And there would be pressure to change and compromise.
    My fault, I wasn't responding to you and I should have added a quote. I was just meaning to say that Carson will be getting plenty of advice about chewing gum and what to say and how to say it and so forth. I would hate to see him become a scripted robot, because that is not what will bring out the best in him.
    Paul Fix

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    To some extent. Helps to be determined, persistent, etc. Take the Fargo South grad, former Concordia-Moorhead QB, played in Europe for awhile, got signed by New Orleans this spring. No way would the NFL have found him. He got himself in front of them in a tryout and made the most of it.
    It's also possible he went to Europe and improved his game and that's what got him the try out. The Cobbers are sending a WR (iirc) to the Vikings mini cap. There's 90 people in training camp and way more rookies in OTAs than they can bring to camp. Regional combines, super regional combines, pro days. It's tough to not get noticed if you are good enough.

Bravo to Neal, I wouldn't say the NFL missed him, I'd say Neal earned it through like you said persistence and determination to get better.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Vernon Adams did nothing but help himself this year. If you think otherwise, you need to spit out the haterade. He stays healthy for the full year and they are absolutely a contender for the playoff.
    Whoa, I'm a lover not a hater. I want to make it clear I wasn't hating on Vernon, perhaps not worded clearly in my original post, but I was asking out loud how come he wasn't drafted or signed as an UDFA and implying I thought he should have. I was merely asking/wondering if by taking the step up, he wasn't as crisp and sharp as he was while at EWU (or perhaps would have been had he stayed there) and that factors outside of Vernon's ability contributed to that. I was not implying that he didn't have the talent to play at Oregon or that I felt he shouldn't have been drafted or signed as a FA.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck