Page 1234 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 2347341134118412241232123312341235123612441284133417342234 ... LastLast
Results 12,331 to 12,340 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Being they can only be poached once they graduate and want to attain a Masters, I assume we would only lose a player for one year at best. If that happens, next man up.

Doubt it will happen at all given how NDSU molds these young men.
    Players have to look very long and hard at whether this is a good move in regards to taking the next step. One could argue that Vernon Adams ended up hurting himself more than he helped himself. If you transfer as he did, you are going to a new program with new schemes, new coaches, unfamiliar receivers (for QB's), unfamiliar defenses, etc., etc. You are putting out some tape that may not be very favorable in your final year of college in comparison to your previous years. I was a little surprised Vernon wasn't drafted and even more surprised he hasn't signed as an UDFA (has that changed yet?). The question is, did he give NFL teams a reason to doubt him with the film he put out this year, some of which may not entirely be related to ability? Had he stayed at EWU, I have no doubt he would have put up video game numbers against the Big Sky _efenes. Something to consider anyway. I certainly understand the desire to want to prove yourself at the next level given the opportunity, but there is a risk you may only put doubt in the minds of NFL personnel people as to whether your are worth drafting or signing as an UDFA.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    How much longer before NDSU starts having guys poached like other FCS teams have in recent years? If Easton progresses to somewhere between a Brock and Carson level, I almost guarantee he has FBS teams looking.
    Not sure what you mean by "poached" if a kid leaves for graduate school it has to be for a degree that NDSU doesn't offer which would be tough to find one like that at NDSU and would correlate with the degree already received? Once they're committed to a school as it currently stands there isn't a lot you can do other than transfer out in the middle of it, but has that ever happened FCS to FBS level? Usually is guys who get stuck lower on the depth chart going to Div II or III even? Not too many FCS caliber players show enough promise in two-three years to make them a "lock" for starting position at an FBS school.

While it may be the best way to describe it, he needs to come up with another phrase than "it's how I'm wired"
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Carson making his way thru airport in Philly...........hounded by autograph'rs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bi4c3d9eMM

Quote Originally Posted by sbark View Post
    Carson making his way thru airport in Philly...........hounded by autograph'rs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bi4c3d9eMM
    the "philly fan" who Booed Carson at Airport was a REDSKINS FAN! >>> http://www.facebook.com/bisonation1
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Players have to look very long and hard at whether this is a good move in regards to taking the next step. One could argue that Vernon Adams ended up hurting himself more than he helped himself. If you transfer as he did, you are going to a new program with new schemes, new coaches, unfamiliar receivers (for QB's), unfamiliar defenses, etc., etc. You are putting out some tape that may not be very favorable in your final year of college in comparison to your previous years. I was a little surprised Vernon wasn't drafted and even more surprised he hasn't signed as an UDFA (has that changed yet?). The question is, did he give NFL teams a reason to doubt him with the film he put out this year, some of which may not entirely be related to ability? Had he stayed at EWU, I have no doubt he would have put up video game numbers against the Big Sky _efenes. Something to consider anyway. I certainly understand the desire to want to prove yourself at the next level given the opportunity, but there is a risk you may only put doubt in the minds of NFL personnel people as to whether your are worth drafting or signing as an UDFA.
    Vernon Adams did nothing but help himself this year. If you think otherwise, you need to spit out the haterade. He stays healthy for the full year and they are absolutely a contender for the playoff.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Vernon Adams did nothing but help himself this year. If you think otherwise, you need to spit out the haterade. He stays healthy for the full year and they are absolutely a contender for the playoff.
    He certainly didn't hurt himself in my opinion. At least he wasn't tagged with the "played against lower competition" label.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    While it may be the best way to describe it, he needs to come up with another phrase than "it's how I'm wired"
    How else would you describe it? I have the same problem Carson does. I can't turn off the competitive switch. It's not a choice. It's how I've always felt. I had to win. I had to be the best at whatever it was I was doing. I have the same problem today. Sucks because I'm probably missing out on a lot of joy in my life because I can't enjoy the small victories or watching myself or other people not compete at the/their highest level all the time.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    He certainly didn't hurt himself in my opinion. At least he wasn't tagged with the "played against lower competition" label.
    You're referring to the guy who was the #2 overall pick? While annoying to see/hear over and over again, the "played against lower competition" label didn't really matter.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    How else would you describe it? I have the same problem Carson does. I can't turn off the competitive switch. It's not a choice. It's how I've always felt. I had to win. I had to be the best at whatever it was I was doing. I have the same problem today. Sucks because I'm probably missing out on a lot of joy in my life because I can't enjoy the small victories or watching myself or other people not compete at the/their highest level all the time.
    Not sure but he says it about 10 times in a 3 minute stretch. I think I may listen to too many of his interviews but it's very repetitive.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯