Page 1233 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 2337331133118312231231123212331234123512431283133317332233 ... LastLast
Results 12,321 to 12,330 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

I don't see many players transferring to an FBS team like Vernon Adams did. Who knows if you would still be a starter and you still get attention from NFL scouts at the FCS level.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    How much longer before NDSU starts having guys poached like other FCS teams have in recent years? If Easton progresses to somewhere between a Brock and Carson level, I almost guarantee he has FBS teams looking.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How much longer before NDSU starts having guys poached like other FCS teams have in recent years? If Easton progresses to somewhere between a Brock and Carson level, I almost guarantee he has FBS teams looking.
    IDK, look at Vernon Adams. He didn't even get a UDFA contract. The NFL is very good at finding you regardless of level. Then you look at the unknowns. What happens if you can't earn the starting job at your next school. If you are on the NFL radar not having very much to any tape on your Senior year doesn't help your stock. What kind of offense does your new school run? A lot of people are blaming Penn St and Franklin for ruining or at least not helping Hackenberg develop, and given how high the Jets took him I would assume they strongly agree with that.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not too worried about our QBs doing this. NDSU is a more desirable program to play for than other FCS programs, develops a players talent better than many FBS programs, and a guy in that scenario doesn't have time to learn a new system with only one season. We run a pro style west coast and I think most of the QBs being nabbed by FBS teams are going from spread team to spread team. There isn't as much of a learning curve under those type of systems

Quote Originally Posted by kristind View Post
    That's what I was thinking. With such a strong focus on the culture and brotherhood and all, I think it would be very unlikely an offer would be accepted by a current player who is immersed in the program.....at least compared to other schools....

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
    Those who stay will be Champions.

Once a Bison, always a Bison.

Coach K talks about recruiting kids who "buy into the program" - and these statements are a big part of the program. Esley Thorton is a prime example - he looked at the depth chart at QB, and rather than look for a different school where he could play QB, he changed position to stay at NDSU.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

" Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

that is hilarious.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Being they can only be poached once they graduate and want to attain a Masters, I assume we would only lose a player for one year at best. If that happens, next man up.

Doubt it will happen at all given how NDSU molds these young men.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Being they can only be poached once they graduate and want to attain a Masters, I assume we would only lose a player for one year at best. If that happens, next man up.

Doubt it will happen at all given how NDSU molds these young men.
    NDSU is a comprehensive graduate university. They are the school people transfer TO, not from.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carson on Philly sports talk radio. I'm not sure if you need to register for this, but if you do it's free and simple.

http://975thefanatic.com/2016/05/02/...rotherly-love/