Page 1228 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 2287281128117812181226122712281229123012381278132817282228 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,280 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I still don't believe Goff was the target of Fisher and Snead....their choice of Wentz got trumped by the owner.....only question is did they not have the owner involved to begin with? .... was this a case of the owner saying "I own the team...lets vote.... I vote Goff... what's your vote?"
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Here is my projection for CW's first preseason game as a pro. He will give up a pick 6 on his first NFL throw on an out pattern. He will learn immediately how to look off defenders and won't make that mistake again. From then on, he will learn how to use the speed of the game to his advantage. He will put that play away in his memory and burn someone down the line with a hitch and go with the same look up to the go part.

Carson's got the gum thing going again.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm pretty much over the whole Goff thing to be honest. The Rams made their pick, it is what it is. I'm happy for the kid, hope he does well and has a successful NFL career. I couldn't care less about the Rams, the decisions they have made, or how their season goes. I will say though that I thought that was pretty cool seeing Jared and Carson in a relaxed setting after the draft was over. Feel like they have a special bond after the experience they both have gone through the last 4 months. It showed even more the difference in personalities between the two.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I still don't believe Goff was the target of Fisher and Snead....their choice of Wentz got trumped by the owner.....only question is did they not have the owner involved to begin with? .... was this a case of the owner saying "I own the team...lets vote.... I vote Goff... what's your vote?"
    I think they wanted Goff. Made a bad team somewhat relevant. Cali kid. Graded about at about the same level as Wentz.

Seems like you are having trouble coming to terms with it
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Carson's got the gum thing going again.
    I love it! Chewing gum during the Wentz vs Goff Madden video ~ he appears relaxed, & yet VERY confident.
    As Dom & Jeff mentioned this AM... so many things changed once Carson was drafted, & got on the plane for Philadelphia.
    (In fact they said "everything" changed.)
    We won't see him in college gear or sweat pants... rather business attire... a very professional look etc.
    So if he continues to chew gum (& I sure hope he does) we can just sit back & smile & think to ourselves...
    that's our North Dakota State boy... you make us proud... Go Get em' Carson!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I love it! Chewing gum during the Wentz vs Goff Madden video ~ he appears relaxed, & yet VERY confident.
    As Dom & Jeff mentioned this AM... so many things changed once Carson was drafted, & got on the plane for Philadelphia.
    (In fact they said "everything" changed.)
    We won't see him in college gear or sweat pants... rather business attire... a very professional look etc.
    So if he continues to chew gum (& I sure hope he does) we can just sit back & smile & think to ourselves...
    that's our North Dakota State boy... you make us proud... Go Get em' Carson!
    I thought Jeff's article on the draft was interesting. Specifically the end, where he basically said to the Philadelphia media, "He's all yours now." Followed by, "What is Easton going to do against Charleston Southern?"
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I thought Jeff's article on the draft was interesting. Specifically the end, where he basically said to the Philadelphia media, "He's all yours now." Followed by, "What is Easton going to do against Charleston Southern?"
    I loved this. Said to the Philadelphia media, "He's all yours now." Followed by, "What is Easton going to do against Charleston Southern?" How true that statement is.
    MY OH MY!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carson Wentz kicks off Eagles QB battle with some shade for Sam Bradford

"Obviously I know he was a top pick and everything. Obviously I know he was with the Rams and everything. But I haven’t watched a ton of film on him. I watch film on guys like Brady and Manning and Rodgers and those types of things."

Translation: I was too busy studying film of good quarterbacks to waste my time with Sam Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Plus, he already had a cheesesteak. Probably chewing peppermint gum so he doesn't shit himself.
    Gives a whole different meaning to "Cheese Whiz".