Page 1216 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 2167161116116612061214121512161217121812261266131617162216 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,160 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

For the past couple months I have enjoyed all the love Mayock gave to Carson, NDSU and Fargo, but this might be the best quote from Mayock (how can a recruit not take notice):
    "Out of all the pro days I've been to in the last 10 years, that's my favorite stop..........the people and their love for the game of football in Fargo is unbelievable."

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    So, did the Browns screw up by trading pick now that we know CW was available at #2? Sent from my iPhone.
    I think both the Rams and the Browns screwed up the pick. The Rams were most likely in pursuit of CW initially, but as someone pointed out earlier, it looks like the owner fell in love with Goff, so the original move to 1 for CW got overridden. The Browns also thought the Rams were going for CW, so bailed on the 2nd pick, not believing CW would still be there at #2. Bad owners and bad teams do bad bad things ..... like move up to get your guy and then take someone else instead or have 4 Ace poker hand and then fold on another bettor's bluff.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    So, did the Browns screw up by trading pick now that we know CW was available at #2?

Sent from my iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I think for the situation the Brown's are in, no. They need to fill too many holes to spend that much capital on a single draft pick. They needed to turn that #2 overall into more draft picks. That's why they traded back even farther a second time.

I think they roll with RG3 at QB and pick up a project QB in later rounds.

Browns don't need just a cherry on top, they need to build a sundae first.
    I think they screwed up big time. They didn't start with a cherry on top, but rather with the whipped cream. You have more holes in your roster than swiss cheese and you start off by picking a wide receiver? Same old Browns. So yes, the Browns made a mistake, but thankfully for Carson's sake this is just another case of the Browns being the Clowns.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I think both the Rams and the Browns screwed up the pick. The Rams were most likely in pursuit of CW initially, but as someone pointed out earlier, it looks like the owner fell in love with Goff, so the original move to 1 for CW got overridden. The Browns also thought the Rams were going for CW, so bailed on the 2nd pick, not believing CW would still be there at #2. Bad owners and bad teams do bad bad things ..... like move up to get your guy and then take someone else instead or have 4 Ace poker hand and then fold on another bettor's bluff.
    What makes you think that? Just curious where folks are getting ideas.
    College of Business Alumnus

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pot roast guy update:

Josh Paunil ‏@JoshPaunil 17h17 hours ago It's only fitting I got a ride home from the Wentz party to my hotel. This time the kind soul was Century HS Athletic Director Ben Lervick.

He had a blast in ND.

Josh Paunil ‏@JoshPaunil 21h21 hours ago Josh Paunil Retweeted Matt Lombardo

You're not?

Josh Paunil added,
    Matt Lombardo @MattLombardo975 Dude. You're in North Dakota?

https://twitter.com/joshpaunil/statu...16876945707008

0 retweets 11 likes

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They had time to play some Madden after the draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPyPopVp1Yo

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    They had time to play some Madden after the draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPyPopVp1Yo
    here's a link to the twitter feed that they had last night. you have to jump ahead about an hour and a half until they actually show up.

https://player.twitch.tv/?video=v63418469

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

More suit stuff.

Looking good Billy Ray!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Even more suit stuff.

Looking good Billy Ray!

Have seen people predict Carson will be opening game starter a couple places.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...han-you-think/