Page 12 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Wentz

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Wow I didnt know Jesus himself was NDSU's backup last year.....
    had you read bisonville more often, you would have known this every time Jensen threw two consecutive incompletions.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    had you read bisonville more often, you would have known this every time Jensen threw two consecutive incompletions.
    I try to skip the bitchy in fighting threads
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    I try to skip the bitchy in fighting threads
    so... all of them?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Wentz has all the tools to be a phenom QB. But what I really like is that he has a REAL QB coach to help him develop. I think that is a key to the season.

As for the OL, while I too am concerned about the play in the trenches this year, at least early, I am less concerned about the OL than I am about the DL.

Hinz was incredible as a TFr in the playoffs in 2010. If he stays healthy he will be all conference. Haeg is just too damn athletic to not be able to switch sides at OT. Plankers has started a game or two and has all the tools to be successful at RG. The dog fight between Lechler and Kelly for RT is going to make them both better. Same at LG with Kuhnert and Ziemer. While they may take a game or two to jell, they will be incredible, I am 100% confident in that.

so... all of them?
    After a certain post count :lol:
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I think Wentz has all the tools to be a phenom QB. But what I really like is that he has a REAL QB coach to help him develop. I think that is a key to the season.

As for the OL, while I too am concerned about the play in the trenches this year, at least early, I am less concerned about the OL than I am about the DL.

Hinz was incredible as a TFr in the playoffs in 2010. If he stays healthy he will be all conference. Haeg is just too damn athletic to not be able to switch sides at OT. Plankers has started a game or two and has all the tools to be successful at RG. The dog fight between Lechler and Kelly for RT is going to make them both better. Same at LG with Kuhnert and Ziemer. While they may take a game or two to jell, they will be incredible, I am 100% confident in that.
    I presume Schueller will be in the running as well at guard? I think he has repeatedly been in the hunt for a starting spot.

I presume Schueller will be in the running as well at guard? I think he has repeatedly been in the hunt for a starting spot.
    Yeah I thought he was #1 on the depth chart at LG
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

When it come to the line I too am more concerned with the DL.

I think we are all going to be surprised how good the DL is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    I think we are all going to be surprised how good the DL is going to be.
    I don't doubt that, just have to see it to confirm it. Kind of excited to see the young guys Tanguay, Hahn, Morgan and Ambrosious.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt