Page 1172 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1726721072112211621170117111721173117411821222127216722172 ... LastLast
Results 11,711 to 11,720 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Ahh...he's in Em's territory of I'm an expert because I got one bold prediction right. Let me try.

Wentz will have more success year one vs. Goff
    No other QB will go in the first round certainly not before 15.
    Buckner will get drafted before and be better than Bosa.
    Doctson is the best WR in this class.
    Dixon will be more successful than Derrick Henry.
    Outside the top 4 tackles no one will have a better career than Haeg.

Just gotta hit on one.
    The only difference is Em sells himself as an expert. Tommy has never made such a claim.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    The only difference is Em sells himself as an expert. Tommy has never made such a claim.
    That's fair. Still not a fan of his QB evaluations.

Kinda funny, how at the same time some people are saying you can't draft a QB from NDSU (FCS) that high others saying he's just a product of NDSU.

Wentz is Wentz because of Wentz. His coaches and parents deserve a little credit, but by in large most of what he's accomplished lays on his shoulders.

BTW - Nobody would know who the hell Mitch Leidner was if he had came to NDSU.

If he had said Leidner would have been Brock Jensen, I would have probably agreed more.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Look what an innocent comment turns into... now Mcfeely is all over it.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2016/0...-his-qb-equal/

For what it's worth I listen to the Powetrip every day and part of me thinks this is a bit. They enjoy getting the reaction.

Now now, next February when Mitch Leidner is the starting quarterback in the senior bowl, you'll all be eating out of Tommy's hands and he'll be saying look at me now look at me now

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Heard the Tommy Olson bit. I guess I get what he's saying obviously disagree. All other 3 guys also seemed to disagree immediately and seemed they were setting him up on a tee for Common Man with some of the follow up. Have to imagine that Leitner=Wentz if he had been a Bison, will be somewhere in the PST tournament next year especially if Carson ends up doing well wherever he ends up in some form. He also mentioned that he lost twice last year and didn't even play the whole year line too. Well one loss I still fully blame the broken wrist that was unknown. I'm almost positive if the coaching staff had plugged in Stick the 2nd half we'd beat USD. The first loss to Montana I think we can say is a wash due to new system new coach no tape. We absolutely mauled them in the playoffs.

I would say many players have benefitted from the system, but so many players have gone on to successful NFL careers. Obviously none to the level of Wentz is expected at this point. If Wentz can live up to some of the hype it bodes well for NDSU and our "system". And Tommy's Gophers better take note. When was the last time a Gopher was taken in the top 5 or even top 10? Is Laurence Maroney their highest pick? He's the only one I can think of in the first round but don't know what pick he was?

He qualified that he hated the Bison in the sense that they beat him both times he played against them but held us in a pretty high respect for NDSU so can live with that. Understand that the "hate" is a competitive thing.
    Completely agree with you vis a vis the USD game. I say though that the season opener loss at Montana was due almost completely to a plethora of new starters on defense who had not yet gelled into a cohesive unit. What a transformation over the course of that season... "My oh My "

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It really is a heck of a thing for a P5 starter to say his quarterback would have been better if he had gone to an FCS school.

We should go ahead and use that as a recruiting tool on MN kids: "Even a U of MN alumni thinks players get better under NDSU's system."

At least, that's how I'm going to interpret that comment.

Mark May just said on NFL Live we lost our first two games last season.
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 04-26-2016 at 07:17 PM.

A month ago Benjamin Allbright made a comparison of Leidner and Wentz that got blown out of proportion. Tommy just did a better job of putting his foot in his mouth with his comment.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/24...l-quarterback/

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Mark May just said on NFL we lost our first two games last season.
    To be honest, that Montana game FELT like two losses to me.