Page 1170 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1706701070112011601168116911701171117211801220127016702170 ... LastLast
Results 11,691 to 11,700 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Green-N-Gold View Post
    I would rather have Easton Stick than Mitch Leidner, and it's not even close.
    ^^^Yep!^^^

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Specifically he mentioned that Lidner would be in conversation as one of the top QB's in the draft if he went to NDSU because of our system. IMO, he's got the 2016 preposterous statement tourney locked up or at least he's got a top seed.
    To be fair, I have no doubt Leidner would have been a much better QB if he was at NDSU.

NDSU develops QBs. Minnesota ruins them.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    To be fair, I have no doubt Leidner would have been a much better QB if he was at NDSU.

Did NDSU recruit Leidner?

It's a lot easier in the P5 to cut a guy's scholarship and sign another 4-star than develop guys... at least, that's my impression.

Most agree situational play calling improved with Stick, right? Is that because it was forced by Stick's inexperience? Or because he had been trying too hard to showcase Carson? Or because Carson was calling more plays? Or maybe all three?

I don't think anybody here knows for certain, but I'm not ready to throw him under the bus quite yet.
    I don't think the first 6 games last year was all on CP's play calling. The oline wasn't blocking up to potential and the RB's were not playing up to potential more so IMO but it's way easier to blame the guy calling the plays when they are not executed properly.

Yeah, that's true, Jerry Kill has never had any good QBs.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't think the first 6 games last year was all on CP's play calling. The oline wasn't blocking up to potential and the RB's were not playing up to potential more so IMO but it's way easier to blame the guy calling the plays when they are not executed properly.
    No one ever seems to blame the head coach for letting the OC call the plays that he does.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

For as much play as that game winning TD in UNI 2015 part uno is getting in pre-draft evaulations Wentz should buy Darrius Shepherd a big steak dinner with his signing bonus because for as good as his pre-snap adjustments and throw were the catch was just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Putt View Post
    Did NDSU recruit Leidner?
    According to Tommy, who was his team mate, yes, NDSU recruited him. Which then leads to the next thought, is Leidner sitting around watching ESPN thinking, "That could have been me?"
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Don't forget the defense drastically improved as well. Nothing on this team is unrelated, the defense, offense and special teams all influence each other.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.