Page 1151 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1516511051110111411149115011511152115311611201125116512151 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,510 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08
    I agree. Wentz only made honorable mention both years. Never all-conference, but he's still deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    That's the MVFC's problem, not Carson's.
    This right here!!!
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

I'm getting SOOOOO tired of the analyst comments about how you can't be SURE on how a QB will transition to the NFL. Well, duh.

They use this when they question the level of competition Carson faced. Ok, there's some merit to the argument. BUT, then they completely ignore the fact that many of the other college QB prospects have never taken a snap under center and ran wide open spread offenses that don't resemble the NFL offenses they will be expected to transition to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    I didn't know she talked that way. You have to look pretty hard nowadays to find anyone left with a scandahoovian accent.
    That's a mix of Scandinavian, German, and Canadian.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I love what he did when he got hurt," Gruden said. "He stayed loyal. He stayed with his team. He helped develop the young quarterback. He didn't leave town and start doing exercises with some mysterious strength coach to get ready for the draft. This guy finished. I love that about him."

I don't think this gets enough attention actually. It really does say a lot about his character; how he stayed a loyal leader and also worked his ass off they way he did so he could suit up and play just one more game with his brothers.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    Nice job, Beth!
    Totally agree - Beth, you made us proud! Well spoken! Thanks for standing up for Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Beth did a great job!

Different topic: A lot has been made of Carson not throwing many passes and how he only started two years... I know the Vikings signed a guy who never started a single game for his Florida college team... but can't remember who it was. And then there's Matt Cassel... never started a game for USC and passed for less than 200 yards in his college career... edit: got it, I was thinking of Brad Johnson.
    Look at Cam newtons number of attempts. To me they are very similar prospects, not in that they possess the same strengths and weaknesses, but what they've done and what they bring to the table overall. I think that cam is the superior athlete but he had off the field concerns and ran a simple offense in college. Whereas wentz is athletic (not on cams level) and he has a very sound football acumen, but he is still very raw in some of the nuances of the QB spot. They both are raw, big, and athletic prospects with cannon arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    "I love what he did when he got hurt," Gruden said. "He stayed loyal. He stayed with his team. He helped develop the young quarterback. He didn't leave town and start doing exercises with some mysterious strength coach to get ready for the draft. This guy finished. I love that about him."

I don't think this gets enough attention actually. It really does say a lot about his character; how he stayed a loyal leader and also worked his ass off they way he did so he could suit up and play just one more game with his brothers.
    Yep, that speaks right to Carson's character and leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawkAlumni View Post
    Look at Cam newtons number of attempts. To me they are very similar prospects, not in that they possess the same strengths and weaknesses, but what they've done and what they bring to the table overall. I think that cam is the superior athlete but he had off the field concerns and ran a simple offense in college. Whereas wentz is athletic (not on cams level) and he has a very sound football acumen, but he is still very raw in some of the nuances of the QB spot. They both are raw, big, and athletic prospects with cannon arms.
    Look at how Cam stood back and didn't try to get that fumble back, even though he was in a pretty good position to do it. Then there was the bad center exchange with Carson in the Iowa State game. The Iowa State guy was on the ball ahead of Carson, but he stayed with it, fought for it and came up with it. At that point in the game, ISU might well have scored again.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-ch...e-popular-pick

This article has Wentz picked to go #1 by one guy and then going #2 by another guy!

I have to say the argument on why he'd go #1 to the Rams does seem reasonable.