Page 1120 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1206201020107011101118111911201121112211301170122016202120 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,200 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Pretty good interview with Coach Klieman talking about Carson

https://t.co/PpSf9S2L2w
    Man, how redundant is this? Coach K has become a magnificent spokesman for NDSU as a whole and for the football program!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Poop. I posted as admin again.
    What?! You're "Admin"?!

Mind officially blown.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Man, how redundant is this? Coach K has become a magnificent spokesman for NDSU as a whole and for the football program!
    I didnt know He was going to be at the draft with Carson. thats pretty cool. Is that normal that coaches accompany the players? I guess Ive never noticed it before. Just assume everyone at the table is immediate family or agents.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I didnt know He was going to be at the draft with Carson. thats pretty cool. Is that normal that coaches accompany the players? I guess Ive never noticed it before. Just assume everyone at the table is immediate family or agents.
    From the interview they made it seem like a certain number of coaches are allowed. I suppose for the top 10 picks they let them have a few extra people... give or take. This whole process is going to be great for Coach K too. Won't be long (hopefully it takes a while) before he moves on to another opportunity but until then it's great having him represent NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    There is a list from a few days ago here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2016-nfl-draft
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

If Goff is the more "polished" quarterback right now, as some have said, I can understand why the Rams may pick him over Carson. If the Rams coaches and GM are truly on the hot seat and need to win now, or else, and overall they have a team ready to compete, with the exception of a quarterback, then maybe Goff is your man. If one's job is on the line for how you perform right now, you will do what's needed to survive, right now. Like pick Goff.

However, I would be willing to bet that long term Carson will be the better pick. He just seems like a 'man amongst boys' in regard to his physical, emotional, and intellectual capabilities.

It will be fun to see how the next few years pan out for both Goff and Carson.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I'm not sure why your last sentence is in purple. If you're going to call Cleveland cursed I think you can add Minnesota to that theory as well. I don't think a WNBA championship discredits that idea. Also, did they win a championship? I really don't follow the WNBA, sorry guys.
    Minnesota has went 25 years. Thats not SO bad. Then again, there hasn't been any trips to the championship have there?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    If Goff is the more "polished" quarterback right now, as some have said, I can understand why the Rams may pick him over Carson. If the Rams coaches and GM are truly on the hot seat and need to win now, or else, and overall they have a team ready to compete, with the exception of a quarterback, then maybe Goff is your man. If one's job is on the line for how you perform right now, you will do what's needed to survive, right now. Like pick Goff.

However, I would be willing to bet that long term Carson will be the better pick. He just seems like a 'man amongst boys' in regard to his physical, emotional, and intellectual capabilities.

It will be fun to see how the next few years pan out for both Goff and Carson.
    One of the neat things is even if Carson goes #2 he still makes draft history.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Minnesota has went 25 years. Thats not SO bad. Then again, there hasn't been any trips to the championship have there?
    But the Vikings have had some very good competitive teams. Is it worse to have good teams fail or teams that are just bad to begin with? It's not easy being a Vikings fan, but I'll still take the heartbreak over complete apathy like Cleveland.

I had some hope for Cleveland but their offseason moves will pretty much ensure several more years of awful football. I'm not sure if the low expectations are a good or bad thing for Carson compared to the immense pressure and huge spotlight that would be on him in LA. Keep in mind that despite their decent season last year they have a coach who has a long history of fielding mediocre teams and an owner that has presided over one of the worst franchises (perhaps the worst?) in the league since 2003. They haven't had a winning season in 12 years and had a 5-win 5-year stretch between 2007 and 2011 that was the worst of any team in NFL history. A new location with the same owner is going to change this? I have my doubts.

I'm honestly not sure which would be better for his career. Regardless of the Ram's pathetic history, elite play within 3 years would probably be required to be considered a success in LA after all they gave up to get that pick. Anything less and he'd be considered a failure much like Alex Smith is. Where as an Alex Smith type career in Cleveland would be a big success, the best QB they've seen since Kosar.

It would be pretty damn cool though to see him go #1 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    But the Vikings have had some very good competitive teams. Is it worse to have good teams fail or teams that are just bad to begin with? It's not easy being a Vikings fan, but I'll still take the heartbreak over complete apathy like Cleveland.

I had some hope for Cleveland but their offseason moves will pretty much ensure several more years of awful football. I'm not sure if the low expectations are a good or bad thing for Carson compared to the immense pressure and huge spotlight that would be on him in LA. Keep in mind that despite their decent season last year they have a coach who has a long history of fielding mediocre teams and an owner that has presided over one of the worst franchises (perhaps the worst?) in the league since 2003. They haven't had a winning season in 12 years and had a 5-win 5-year stretch between 2007 and 2011 that was the worst of any team in NFL history. A new location with the same owner is going to change this? I have my doubts.

I'm honestly not sure which would be better for his career. Regardless of the Ram's pathetic history, elite play within 3 years would probably be required to be considered a success in LA after all they gave up to get that pick. Anything less and he'd be considered a failure much like Alex Smith is. Where as an Alex Smith type career in Cleveland would be a big success, the best QB they've seen since Kosar.

It would be pretty damn cool though to see him go #1 overall.
    I was born in 1988. Can not remember the Twins winning the World Series in 1991. Since then, no Minnesota sports team has been to a championship game or series (not counting the Lynx). I can remember the Indians making the World Series in the 90's and the Cavs have been to the finals twice (2007 and last year). Not sure if you can say Cleveland has had it worse than Minnesota during the last 25 years. Minnesota has been pretty pathetic.