Page 1119 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1196191019106911091117111811191120112111291169121916192119 ... LastLast
Results 11,181 to 11,190 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I thought Cleveland's new staff might turn it around but they didn't sell me when they signed RG3. That was a weird move.
    Agreed, but the RG3 experiment is pretty cheap considering what other QBs are fetching. They did let some older high priced guys go and picked up some younger unproven guys. My biggest issue is ownership. Haslam needs to take a three year sabbatical somewhere and just let these guys work and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Has anybody compared the averaged rankings of the defenses faced by Carson and Goff last season? That could give us a quantifiable handle on the level of competition question.
    NDSU's Opponents 2014 (can't find a 2015 defense ranking list on Massey... anyway...)
    Iowa State: 93
    Weber State: 229
    Incarnate Word: 306
    Montana: 134
    Western Illinois: 113
    Southern Illinois: 116
    Indiana State: 98
    South Dakota: 194
    South Dakota State: 80
    Northern Iowa: 74
    Missouri State: 131
    Youngstown State: 109
    South Dakota State (playoff): 80
    Coastal Carolina: 88
    Sam Houston State: 90
    Illinois State: 46

On average: 123.8125 rated defense

Cal Opponents:
    Northwestern: 62
    Sacramento State: 182
    Arizona: 25
    Colorado: 86
    Washington State: 79
    Washington: 44
    UCLA: 11
    Oregon: 4
    Oregon State: 69
    USC: 19
    Stanford: 18
    Brigham Young:61

On average: 55th rated defense.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawkAlumni View Post
    It's funny to me that some twitter scouts don't see this and call CW a one read QB. Completion percentage doesn't lie. Hell isn't it a compliment when qbs get the ball out quickly?
    Eh, a knock is he takes awhile to get the ball out. If you notice, he doesn't throw the player open but waits for him to flash open before pulling the trigger. Plus, interceptions have a lot more to do with locking on a receiver than completion percentage. Obviously, Wentz has good numbers on the INT front, so it's sort of a statistical anomaly. However, margin of error is much smaller in the NFL than against UNI(which he had 2 passes picked off).
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I don't believe in curses. I do believe in shitty coaches.
    It's been a long time since any team from Cleveland has won a Championship (Browns in 1964) and their teams have had plenty of coaches/managers that were successful elsewhere or were a part of winning organizations. So, it can't all be "crappy coaches."

Heck, the organization itself finally found success when it relocated. Maybe they need to consider doing that again.

If it wasn't for the Minnesota Lynx, I would put the Twins Cities right up there with Cleveland as being cursed.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawkAlumni View Post
    It's funny to me that some twitter scouts don't see this and call CW a one read QB. Completion percentage doesn't lie. Hell isn't it a compliment when qbs get the ball out quickly?
    Well, I'm pretty sure that Bisonville scouts have said that Carson locked into his first read all the time. Of course, the Inside the Pylon guy showed how easy it is to mistake "making the proper read" with locking in on his first receiver.

Obviously, Carson needs to keep improving... but, heck, he showed improvement after coming back for the title game after nearly three months off. He's continued to improve since then... his pro day was unflippingbelievable.

Poop. I posted as admin again.

To distract from that mistake, I need a column from the Herald poo-pooing Carson Wentz draft talk and comparing it unfavorably with UND hockey... anybody seen Wayne Nelson since he was out with the "tipping over a Prius" crowd?

C'mon, Wayne, I know you have it in you!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

To distract from that mistake, I need a column from the Herald poo-pooing Carson Wentz draft talk and comparing it unfavorably with UND hockey... anybody seen Wayne Nelson since he was out with the "tipping over a Prius" crowd?

most are in complete meltdown mode in GF, my UND fan buddies are irate that they win a NC and NDSU is still the top news story, all they see is Budget cuts etc...they cant figure out why their Drafted players don't get the same attention..lol they know why deep down but wont admit it. Read Mike Mcfeeleys blog today, it will jab the knife a bit deeper for the El forko crowd

I turned on ESPN yesterday and first thing on my screen was an NDSU logo, flipped to NFL network..BOOM. Wonder how Bubbas Recruiting is going??
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Sorry tony, I couldn't find the editorial you requested, but maybe this will provide enough of a distraction.
    http://www.grandforksherald.com/acce...welcoming-spot
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pretty good interview with Coach Klieman talking about Carson

https://t.co/PpSf9S2L2w

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    It's been a long time since any team from Cleveland has won a Championship (Browns in 1964) and their teams have had plenty of coaches/managers that were successful elsewhere or were a part of winning organizations. So, it can't all be "crappy coaches."

Heck, the organization itself finally found success when it relocated. Maybe they need to consider doing that again.

If it wasn't for the Minnesota Lynx, I would put the Twins Cities right up there with Cleveland as being cursed.
    I'm not sure why your last sentence is in purple. If you're going to call Cleveland cursed I think you can add Minnesota to that theory as well. I don't think a WNBA championship discredits that idea. Also, did they win a championship? I really don't follow the WNBA, sorry guys.