Page 111 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 11611011091101111121131211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Looked to me chase was standing still BEFORE he through it. I can't wait to watch it again on espn3
    Yeah, he sat in an open pocket and came back for the underthrown ball.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Re-watching the game now. Announcer says "a lot of pro scouts are coming to watch Emanuel and saying Wentz is the best player on the team and will be playing NFL."
    I'm tellin ya the dude will be playing sundays.

Thoughts on why we have so many batted down screens lately? Teams just sniffing them out or does Carson need to drop back further to create more space.

Hitting a couple of those I think would be huge for the offense. When they were connecting on them earlier in the year they were getting big yards.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Thoughts on why we have so many batted down screens lately? Teams just sniffing them out or does Carson need to drop back further to create more space.

Hitting a couple of those I think would be huge for the offense. When they were connecting on them earlier in the year they were getting big yards.
    Here is my thought. It is our offensive lines fault.

seriously their pass protection has been so good that d line men have not been even remotely close to getting home. Next best option for them is to watch the QB and try to get hands up and time the pass for a tip. I mean there has been times lately that Carson could set up a card table, eat a lunch, have a cocktail and then stand up and complete the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

I think MAKBison pointed out in another thread earlier this year he has noticed the RT dropping back a step further than everyone else on the line allowing his defender to get a step closer to Wentz. Almost all of the batted passes happen over the RT. I haven't keyed in specifically on this, but it seems this is a fairly re-occurring trend as far as location of batted balls.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Wentz has become the QB we had hoped for with the unexpected bonus of being very good at running the ball. Yes, there is some risk with a running QB and it might be wise for Carson to slide.....oh never mind!
    Like someone in my section said on Saturday - he gets an extra 3-5 yards when he goes down head-first.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Probably the best ever at NDSU....athletic talent wise.

I was going to say that, but didn't want people jumping all over me for putting X player over Y.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I was going to say that, but didn't want people jumping all over me for putting X player over Y.
    I think athletically he has shown he should certainly be considered in any conversation about the best QB of all time. With the intangibles it becomes more of a subjective comparison. He has shown he has ice water running through his veins, as well. He does only have a couple of 4th quarter game winning drives, which isn't his fault, because the Bison generally have been leading by the fourth quarter in all but a couple of games. As far as leading the team, he has done some things previous QBs could only dream about. He has a cannon for an arm with a quick release. He isn't quick, but he is fast. He wants to throw first, always. That is different then we have seen for a while. In comparison, Brock saw an opening and would just as soon take off. Every game he does something that demonstrates he sees things about the game at a very high level. The not throwing the ball on a designed screen when a lineman leaked out too far down field. Things like that.

It is tough to compare QB across generations. There were different styles across the years. If you take just the FCS era, we now have had three very outstanding QBs with different skill sets. Walker was the prototypical drop back QB who liked to stretch the play downfield. Brock who was a by the book WCO QB who could be a punishing runner when he took off. Now we have Wentz who is still coming into his own. His identity is being developed in front of us and it is a winner with a strong arm, fast legs, and a pass first to move the ball mentality. Walker and Jensen also had a couple of favorite receivers. Wentz favorite receiver is whoever is open. Maybe we are deeper with better hands or maybe Wentz doesn't care who catches the ball and figures if you are on the field and you are put there to catch a ball, you better catch the ball. Wentz will never catch some of these guys statistically but I think in one season he has shown the wait has been well worth it. He hasn't been asked to carry the team too much yet, but I have no doubt he has put himself in a position where if he had to there would wouldn't be any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think athletically he has shown he should certainly be considered in any conversation about the best QB of all time. With the intangibles it becomes more of a subjective comparison. He has shown he has ice water running through his veins, as well. He does only have a couple of 4th quarter game winning drives, which isn't his fault, because the Bison generally have been leading by the fourth quarter in all but a couple of games. As far as leading the team, he has done some things previous QBs could only dream about. He has a cannon for an arm with a quick release. He isn't quick, but he is fast. He wants to throw first, always. That is different then we have seen for a while. In comparison, Brock saw an opening and would just as soon take off. Every game he does something that demonstrates he sees things about the game at a very high level. The not throwing the ball on a designed screen when a lineman leaked out too far down field. Things like that.

It is tough to compare QB across generations. There were different styles across the years. If you take just the FCS era, we now have had three very outstanding QBs with different skill sets. Walker was the prototypical drop back QB who liked to stretch the play downfield. Brock who was a by the book WCO QB who could be a punishing runner when he took off. Now we have Wentz who is still coming into his own. His identity is being developed in front of us and it is a winner with a strong arm, fast legs, and a pass first to move the ball mentality. Walker and Jensen also had a couple of favorite receivers. Wentz favorite receiver is whoever is open. Maybe we are deeper with better hands or maybe Wentz doesn't care who catches the ball and figures if you are on the field and you are put there to catch a ball, you better catch the ball. Wentz will never catch some of these guys statistically but I think in one season he has shown the wait has been well worth it. He hasn't been asked to carry the team too much yet, but I have no doubt he has put himself in a position where if he had to there would wouldn't be any problem.
    Very very well done sir.

Carson missed practice yesterday with the stomach flu. Hope that's all it is with this mumps crap going around. He was told to stay away from team for now.