Page 1080 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 80580980103010701078107910801081108210901130118015802080 ... LastLast
Results 10,791 to 10,800 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Another article about Goff vs. Wentz. Kind of chuckled regarding Gil Brandt's take on the situation:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...o-1-draft-pick

In my rankings -- which will be released on NFL.com on Monday -- I have Carson Wentz one spot ahead ofJared Goff. But, if I were the Rams, I would go with Goff because of the fact the he was raised in California. He would be much more familiar with the difficulty of movement in Los Angeles, mainly traffic and the pace of living. Goff would have an easier time adapting to the high-intensity way of life in the L.A. area. Moving to California would be a culture shock for anybody who has lived their entire life in North Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Another article about Goff vs. Wentz. Kind of chuckled regarding Gil Brandt's take on the situation:

In my rankings -- which will be released on NFL.com on Monday -- I have Carson Wentz one spot ahead ofJared Goff. But, if I were the Rams, I would go with Goff because of the fact the he was raised in California. He would be much more familiar with the difficulty of movement in Los Angeles, mainly traffic and the pace of living. Goff would have an easier time adapting to the high-intensity way of life in the L.A. area. Moving to California would be a culture shock for anybody who has lived their entire life in North Dakota.
    Now that is in depth analysis.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I'm the guy who gets sh#t done.
    getting shit done in your pants doesn't mean you can decide where spiritual wolves can spontaneously appear.

Just spit my coffee out reading that.

Saw that.

What a f#cking idiot.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    If Goff had gone to NDSU, he either would have transferred or switch positions. Thank God he went to Cal and not some little school in ND....................
    That or he would have been actually had to learn how to play the position.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

That's hilarious. You run into ex-North Dakotans everywhere. The ones who choose to leave are going to do fine because, obviously, they are up for a little adventure. If a person takes that mindset, they are going to have a great time. The ones who go to a big city practically against their will aren't going to do very well.

He could get a place in Pasadena and it would be very little different than Fargo... except that you can't hop in your car and be in Bismarck in 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    getting shit done in your pants doesn't mean you can decide where spiritual wolves can spontaneously appear.

Big talk from a longhorns fan. Excuse me while I refresh my coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    except that you can't hop in your car and be in Bismarck in 3 hours.
    except with the amount of money Wentz will be making, may be he can...

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    That's hilarious. You run into ex-North Dakotans everywhere. The ones who choose to leave are going to do fine because, obviously, they are up for a little adventure. If a person takes that mindset, they are going to have a great time. The ones who go to a big city practically against their will aren't going to do very well.

He could get a place in Pasadena and it would be very little different than Fargo... except that you can't hop in your car and be in Bismarck in 3 hours.
    I think there is a little truth to what he said. I moved from rural Dickinson to Fargo and liked the adjustment. Then moved to the twin cities and felt like I was living in an ant pile. Too many people and the traffic drove me nuts so I packed up and moved to Bismarck. I would think Carson will have 20 million plus reasons to deal with the adjustment and be content.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt