Page 1072 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 72572972102210621070107110721073107410821122117215722072 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,720 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    It has been annoying that mostly all pundits use the "he played lesser competition, and came from a smaller school- so that is why he will not be great" aspect- look at Khalil Mack and Derek Carr (hell no i'm not a Raiders fan), they played at smaller schools, in lesser conferences that weren't P5 and ended up being great players at their positions on the NFL stage. If playing at a big time school, in better competition is what makes your draft stock so high or worth being a top pick- why wasn't AJ McCarron the number one overall pick, or even in the top 4 rounds of the draft for that matter. That whole excuse is lame to me at this point, and I find it more that they use it as a crutch because they haven't watched enough film or games as compared to the homework they do on schools and players in more spotlight than Carson got on a national level.
    The competition argument for draft analysts is the easiest and laziest critique to make. If you look at any analysis like Mayock's, you see he doesn't ignore competition as a weakness, but he treats it as almost a footnote because he has done the work to make a coherent argument why he places prospects where he does based on actual in-depth research, not easy throw out points because it seems obvious to the uneducated average fan.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Cal is in the San Fran area
    This...Nor Cal and So Cal. They are practically different states. Norcal doesn't like Socal and vice versa. They are literally 500 miles apart. Their is a pretty huge disconnect.

People don't understand that in the Midwest.

I used to live in Reno, NV and people would act like I was like basically connected to Las Vegas. No just like Cali. Northern and Southern and they have a beef lol. 500 miles apart.

I thought 740 was very good today (lots of Wentz talk.) So that was good.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Also said at a certain point you have to start scouting the player not the completion, and that Goff may be1-3 years away from being ready because of system he played in.

Sent from my iPhone.
    You meant competition?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Also said at a certain point you have to start scouting the player not the completion, and that Goff may be1-3 years away from being ready because of system he played in.

Sent from my iPhone.
    If that's the case, I'm more convinced now than ever that its Wentz, you don't give up that many picks for a guy you think on the low end won't be ready for 3 years.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    The only question is does a home town kid carry any weight when it comes to an NFL draft prospect?
    I've seen this argument. You have to consider the marketability of the Cal kid. Not buying it. You know what sells jerseys... winning. You pick whoever you think you can win with.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Kaepernick? Wilson?
    First round, bruh.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    There are not even close to 20 FCS teams that could beat P5. There are only a few FCS teams better than the worst P5 teams in a given year. I doubt there are 20 that are better than most of G5. NDSU does fit your description though
    Disagree. Much more than a few, but maybe not as many as 20 FCS teams could beat bottom teams of P5 conferences. As for G5 teams the FCS top 10 to 15 teams would beat them most of the time. Winning percentage would even get better against P5 and G5 if the games were not always played on their home field.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    ND doesn't schedule FCS teams.
    Notre Dame sucks. Find a conference or drop football.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Notre Dame sucks. Find a conference or drop football.
    Oh, come now, SD. They are basically in the ACC even for football, and have a strong schedule even if you hate them.