Page 1070 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 70570970102010601068106910701071107210801120117015702070 ... LastLast
Results 10,691 to 10,700 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

What Fisher said about Carson makes me 99 % sure that the Rams are going with Carson ! Why would he predict that Carson would play in a Super Bowl if he didn't know where Carson was going too play ? He most certainly is not going too play in one with Cleveland !
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I think Fisher's comments at the end of this short interview is a tell-tale that they are going with Wentz:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/sto...goff-no-1-pick

Or they don't want to admit that the top 20 teams in the FCS are better than most of the G5 teams and are probably better than the cellar-dwellers of the P5 conferences (Minnesota, Kentucky, Iowa State, etc.) with only 63 scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    It has been annoying that mostly all pundits use the "he played lesser competition, and came from a smaller school- so that is why he will not be great" aspect- look at Khalil Mack and Derek Carr (hell no i'm not a Raiders fan), they played at smaller schools, in lesser conferences that weren't P5 and ended up being great players at their positions on the NFL stage. If playing at a big time school, in better competition is what makes your draft stock so high or worth being a top pick- why wasn't AJ McCarron the number one overall pick, or even in the top 4 rounds of the draft for that matter. That whole excuse is lame to me at this point, and I find it more that they use it as a crutch because they haven't watched enough film or games as compared to the homework they do on schools and players in more spotlight than Carson got on a national level.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    You don't trade up to the #1 spot for a man with little hands.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Or they don't want to admit that the top 20 teams in the FCS are better than most of the G5 teams and are probably better than the cellar-dwellers of the P5 conferences (Minnesota, Kentucky, Iowa State, etc.) with only 63 scholarships.
    There are not even close to 20 FCS teams that could beat P5. There are only a few FCS teams better than the worst P5 teams in a given year. I doubt there are 20 that are better than most of G5. NDSU does fit your description though

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Speaking of snobs---On the JSU board there is a thread on Wentz with some very complimentary comments. On SS there was a Wentz thread that was locked by the moderator because "Sioux Sports is for a discussion of UND football." It fits the meaning of SS in so many ways.
    Well They've been holding their star NHL hockey players over our heads for years. Wentz is destroying their last narrative of "flagship" superiority. It must be a tough time for some of them, especially the puck heads that think FCS football is a massive joke.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Well They've been holding their star NHL hockey players over our heads for years. Wentz is destroying their last narrative of "flagship" superiority. It must be a tough time for some of them, especially the puck heads that think FCS football is a massive joke.
    Canadian goes #3 in the NHL draft, after leaving school way early...Doesn't win title at flagshit, but wins Stanley Cups and somehow that is because he want to said flagshit.

ND native goes top two in NFL draft, after finishing his career at school...Wins two titles at NDSU, but the rest is to be seen.

The narrative won't change for the puckheads, but it will surely be a bigger deal in reality.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

That's what I thought I heard, too, but I think Fisher changed it from "he will win a S.." to he will play in a Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Speaking of snobs---On the JSU board there is a thread on Wentz with some very complimentary comments. On SS there was a Wentz thread that was locked by the moderator because "Sioux Sports is for a discussion of UND football." It fits the meaning of SS in so many ways.
    I've looked at the JSU board now and again, and I think a big part of it is realizing their is no shame in being beaten by an NFL QB.

As for SS - that's especially shitty after Carson tweeted a hearty congrats on their championship win last week.

Calling it now. September 25, 2016. Rams beat the Buccaneers. Carson starts. Carson > Jameis Winston.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    It has been annoying that mostly all pundits use the "he played lesser competition, and came from a smaller school- so that is why he will not be great" aspect- look at Khalil Mack and Derek Carr (hell no i'm not a Raiders fan), they played at smaller schools, in lesser conferences that weren't P5 and ended up being great players at their positions on the NFL stage. If playing at a big time school, in better competition is what makes your draft stock so high or worth being a top pick- why wasn't AJ McCarron the number one overall pick, or even in the top 4 rounds of the draft for that matter. That whole excuse is lame to me at this point, and I find it more that they use it as a crutch because they haven't watched enough film or games as compared to the homework they do on schools and players in more spotlight than Carson got on a national level.
    It really is a poor argument imo