Page 1014 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1451491496410041012101310141015101610241064111415142014 ... LastLast
Results 10,131 to 10,140 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    We had a couple nice runs on the first drive and a couple rushing first downs and not a whole lot after that and had to start passing on 3rd downs. My point is you have to have balance and some flexibility. I swear some people would just run every play. We wouldn't have sustained drives against JSU without Carson tossing strikes. Criticizing the offense for not supposedly committing to the run is absurd when the passing game was working so well first half. Which one of Carson's completions, first down throws or TD tosses would people like to take back and replace with run plays? Also, we never did break away from running but had a balanced gameplan
    Balanced as in 186 yds rushing, 197 yds passing

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    This is something that people keep mentioning that I don't understand. In the first quarter we ran for 58 yards on 14 carries---4.14 ypc. In the second, 47 yards on 8 carries, 5.87 ypc, for a total of 105 first half yards, 22 rushes or 4.77 ypc. Not being able to rush the ball effectively happened in the second half when we kept bleeding the clock.
    Frazier almost had a long TD, that was a good chunk of yardage...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

LA Times mock has Carson to the Rams:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la...410-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Frazier almost had a long TD, that was a good chunk of yardage...
    It was 14 yards.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

It was 14 yards.
    And that drops the average to 3.69. Not saying it's not serviceable, but averages can be very misleading.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    And that drops the average to 3.69. Not saying it's not serviceable, but averages can be very misleading.
    Sure averages can be misleading, but I don't understand how any play can just be discounted. Eliminate a carry for no gain and the average goes up. The bigger point is that in the first half the running game was effective.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I would not disagree at all about the need for balance, but in the first half their vaunted SEC defensive line got shoved around pretty good.
    Because of this JSU D was getting tired early on. Then you add in a damn good Bison D. JSU D didn't have very much time to rest.

Sure averages can be misleading, but I don't understand how any play can just be discounted. Eliminate a carry for no gain and the average goes up. The bigger point is that in the first half the running game was effective.
    The average is what it is, regardless if a number drastically changes it positively or negatively. Hence, why a mode should be used to help one's side of the argument instead.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The average is what it is, regardless if a number drastically changes it positively or negatively. Hence, why a mode should be used to help one's side of the argument instead.
    Too complicated. How about just using the number of times Haeg took one or more guys for a walk?
    Paul Fix

Too complicated. How about just using the number of times Haeg took one or more guys for a walk?
    Those are fun to watch, especially the ones where he does it more than once on a play.
    Hail the BISON!!!