Page 1013 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1351391396310031011101210131014101510231063111315132013 ... LastLast
Results 10,121 to 10,130 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    The only reason we scored 20 some first half points against JSU is because of the passing game. We were not running very effectively and would not have converted all those 3rd downs without Carson throwing the ball. I get that we are a run first team but I don't get the inflexible mindset fans have in regards to doing what actually works at the moment. Being bull headed thinking we should run every play is as dumb as sissy spread every play. Also it didn't really matter what the offense did second half because the game was over by half time thanks to an effective passing game and re-found defensive dominance
    Stick could have brought home the Win, if he'd been in. For every play Polasek gets credit for, he had as many bone headed calls.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Biz101on View Post
    Stick could have brought home the Win, if he'd been in. For every play Polasek gets credit for, he had as many bone headed calls.
    I think we could have won with Stick as well as long as he would have been able to pass somewhat effectively

I think we could have won with Stick as well as long as he would have been able to pass somewhat effectively
    Without stick passing somewhat effectively, we aren't even in the championship game. The kid won 8 games being "somewhat effective".

unbison is no longer invited to the fire polasek save season rally when october rolls around

Quote Originally Posted by Biz101on View Post
    Without stick passing somewhat effectively, we aren't even in the championship game. The kid won 8 games being "somewhat effective".
    Ya...you're point being...?

The only reason we scored 20 some first half points against JSU is because of the passing game. We were not running very effectively and would not have converted all those 3rd downs without Carson throwing the ball. I get that we are a run first team but I don't get the inflexible mindset fans have in regards to doing what actually works at the moment. Being bull headed thinking we should run every play is as dumb as sissy spread every play. Also it didn't really matter what the offense did second half because the game was over by half time thanks to an effective passing game and re-found defensive dominance
    This is something that people keep mentioning that I don't understand. In the first quarter we ran for 58 yards on 14 carries---4.14 ypc. In the second, 47 yards on 8 carries, 5.87 ypc, for a total of 105 first half yards, 22 rushes or 4.77 ypc. Not being able to rush the ball effectively happened in the second half when we kept bleeding the clock.
    Last edited by Vet70; 04-10-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Just wait until the Chuck South game rolls around. The armchair OCs will be back out in full force after that one I bet.
    So because you say so nobody can have an opinion on the offensive game plan? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    This is something that people keep mentioning that I don't understand. In the first quarter we ran for 58 yards on 14 carries---4.14 ypc. In the second, 47 yards on 8 carries, 5,87 ypc, for a total of 105 first half yards, 22 rushes or 4.77 ypc. Not being able to rush the ball effectively happened in the second half when we kept bleeding the clock.
    We had a couple nice runs on the first drive and a couple rushing first downs and not a whole lot after that and had to start passing on 3rd downs. My point is you have to have balance and some flexibility. I swear some people would just run every play. We wouldn't have sustained drives against JSU without Carson tossing strikes. Criticizing the offense for not supposedly committing to the run is absurd when the passing game was working so well first half. Which one of Carson's completions, first down throws or TD tosses would people like to take back and replace with run plays? Also, we never did break away from running but had a balanced gameplan

We had a couple nice runs on the first drive and a couple rushing first downs and not a whole lot after that and had to start passing on 3rd downs. My point is you have to have balance and some flexibility. I swear some people would just run every play. We wouldn't have sustained drives against JSU without Carson tossing strikes. Criticizing the offense for not supposedly committing to the run is absurd when the passing game was working so well first half. Which one of Carson's completions, first down throws or TD tosses would people like to take back and replace with run plays? Also, we never did break away from running but had a balanced gameplan
    I would not disagree at all about the need for balance, but in the first half their vaunted SEC defensive line got shoved around pretty good.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Don't worry the feeling is mutual
    lovers quarrel?