Page 1002 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 25029029529921000100110021003100410121052110215022002 ... LastLast
Results 10,011 to 10,020 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by civilguy View Post
    So who will have the 10000th post on this Wentz thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't know if you did this deliberately but I had to laugh at the "coincidence". Since you ended up being 10,000 post.

The Forum reprinted an article which does a great job of breaking down various "trading up for the first overall pick" scenarios: http://www.inforum.com/sports/400435...nfl-draft-slot

List of teams being speculated about: Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, 49ers, Iggles, Rams - all of which would be using their pick for QB.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but what about Cleveland moving into that #1 spot? Both teams win, Cleveland gets their guy, Tennessee still gets the pick of who they want. I figure they swap picks and then maybe one extra pick. It's essentially a free pick for Tennessee and they get the same player. I'm not sure if they are enamored with someone and maybe they can get the same guy at 7 or 8 and a haul of picks, but interesting I haven't seen it thrown out there by anyone.
    Tennessee can get more for the first pick from another team then Cleveland. Also Cleveland is guaranteed either Wentz or Goff at #2. That's why it's unlikely Cleveland trades for pick #1. They also might look to trade the #2 pick to trade down, accumulate picks for a ton of needs and draft one of the other QB's later now that they signed RGIII.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Tennessee can get more for the first pick from another team then Cleveland. Also Cleveland is guaranteed either Wentz or Goff at #2. That's why it's unlikely Cleveland trades for pick #1. They also might look to trade the #2 pick to trade down, accumulate picks for a ton of needs and draft one of the other QB's later now that they signed RGIII.
    Eh, I wouldn't be so sure. Depends if Cleveland has Wentz or Goff a lot higher than the other. If they do they may be thinking SF and Philly are thinking the same thing and are trying to get to one. If most teams have Wentz and Goff very close then Tennessee may find it difficult to find a trade partner, but SD may be fielding plenty of calls if the Browns take the first QB.

I signed up for some insider Browns deal hoping to get a little more insight into what they were thinking. So far I've learned and I quote "The Titans may trade their pick, or they may keep it." So...... There's that.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't be so sure. Depends if Cleveland has Wentz or Goff a lot higher than the other. If they do they may be thinking SF and Philly are thinking the same thing and are trying to get to one. If most teams have Wentz and Goff very close then Tennessee may find it difficult to find a trade partner, but SD may be fielding plenty of calls if the Browns take the first QB.

I signed up for some insider Browns deal hoping to get a little more insight into what they were thinking. So far I've learned and I quote "The Titans may trade their pick, or they may keep it." So...... There's that.
    Hey, slow down a bit! My non-NFL mind is having a hard time keeping up with this analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    OK, 1000 pages and 1.3 million views. Well-done, Bisonville!
    Everybody in ND visited this thread. Twice.

I would not be surprised at all if a team takes Carson that not a lot of people are talking about. Seems like this happens every year where a team does something nobody predicted. Chargers? Maybe.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I would not be surprised at all if a team takes Carson that not a lot of people are talking about. Seems like this happens every year where a team does something nobody predicted. Chargers? Maybe.
    The Cowboys have been mentioned plenty in the "who might draft Wentz," but the Chargers have Rivers who is only a year younger than Romo and both are signed to similar contracts till 2019. Both clubs can get out of either contract easily if Wentz looks good enough to part from their veteran.

Ultimately I would guess both pass, but SD may be more likely than Dallas. SD drafted Rivers (technically they drafted Eli and had to trade him) when they had just drafted Brees a few years earlier.

I've never met Carson (what the hell is up with that Pucknut? hook a brother up!) but from watching him play for 2 years, watching interviews, and reading article after article, I just have this gut feeling someone is trading up for him for the number 1 pick. I'm sure you could say a lot of the same things about most NFL players, but he just seems to have the "it" factor. Ideal size, strength, and athletic ability. A competitive nature like no other. Incredibly smart. Self-motivated and driven. Well prepared for NFL systems. Down-to-Earth, clean record who gets it between the ears. The only risk you take with him is can you risk not taking him? Just have this feeling he'll be a generational quarterback. You'll be telling your grandkids about him and how you witnessed his greatness is college before the rest of the world had any idea who he was.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I've never met Carson (what the hell is up with that Pucknut? hook a brother up!) but from watching him play for 2 years, watching interviews, and reading article after article, I just have this gut feeling someone is trading up for him for the number 1 pick. I'm sure you could say a lot of the same things about most NFL players, but he just seems to have the "it" factor. Ideal size, strength, and athletic ability. A competitive nature like no other. Incredibly smart. Self-motivated and driven. Well prepared for NFL systems. Down-to-Earth, clean record who gets it between the ears. The only risk you take with him is can you risk not taking him? Just have this feeling he'll be a generational quarterback. You'll be telling your grandkids about him and how you witnessed his greatness is college before the rest of the world had any idea who he was.
    I have the same feeling as well. I really believe he is a special person. If he stays healthy and finds his groove in the league I think he can achieve greatness.