Page 2323 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1323182322232273231323212322232323242325233323732423 ... LastLast
Results 23,221 to 23,230 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Packers offense 450 + yards just through the air. They came prepared.

Personally I find the irony of Packer fans whining about PI calls (or the lack thereof) delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Officials are graded on every call especially at the NFL level. Why would they risk a downgrade to "balance" things out? An official gets 4 or 5 downgrades a year they likely don't get a postseason assignment.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    To pad their Cayman Island bank account?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Officials are graded on every call especially at the NFL level. Why would they risk a downgrade to "balance" things out? An official gets 4 or 5 downgrades a year they likely don't get a postseason assignment.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    If that was the case, there would be no officials left to do any postseason games. Their definition of a downgrade is probably pretty egregious though, haha.

Funny how out of the last three games, Carson was the least clutch in this one yet no one will be whining about him not being able to close out close games because they won. Last night the play calling was balanced so everything wasn't riding on Wentz's arm. The defense actually made some big stops. And this time unlike the last two Wentz missed on a late clutch throw instead of it bouncing off his receivers hands. Wentz was still good last night, but not any better than the previous two games. He just had some help from the rest of his team this time.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Funny how out of the last three games, Carson was the least clutch in this one yet no one will be whining about him not being able to close out close games because they won. Last night the play calling was balanced so everything wasn't riding on Wentz's arm. The defense actually made some big stops. And this time unlike the last two Wentz missed on a late clutch throw instead of it bouncing off his receivers hands. Wentz was still good last night, but not any better than the previous two games. He just had some help from the rest of his team this time.
    I agree 100%. It was nice to see Carson be able to sit back and take what the defense was giving him. For some reason people let W/L record dictate how well a QB is doing. Carson was forced to press in the two losses and got no help from his WR corps. This game, he had Jeffrey, which also freed up Ertz a bit. You can see the stark difference Jeffrey makes even if he failed to haul in two contested catches that he normally would have. Mack Hollins straight up bailed on a back shoulder route earlier in the game, whereas Jeffrey was always in a position to make a play.

Carson needed the literal and figurative pressure taken off of him a bit, feels that finally happened last night. The packers were geared up to blitz and rush Carson darned near every play but fortunately the run game started to show some life and the dropped balls disappeared. If the Eagles build a little momentum they could be a good team this year.

People dragging Carson for not having a Madden statline are trash.

The GOAT who threw for 400 yds overlooked a wide open receiver because he though he was so all-world he could thread the needle.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯